Happy Sunday loves!
Is it just me or did November come and go faster than any month, ever?! I’m so excited for a festive December though! Edwin and I had a holiday party on Friday night, I visited two holiday pop-ups yesterday, and today we have our second Christmas party of the weekend. Edwin and I also had a wonderful holiday date night last night… we watched Alabama beat Georgia yesterday (Roll Tide!), got festive drinks at The Dewberry, and had a delicious dinner at Purlieu. It’s been a full and fun weekend! Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog post as it’s the most exciting post of the year from me!!
Keep reading today for my Weekend Reads, No. 85 complete with a perfect Christmas morning breakfast recipe, the best books of 2018, the best holiday shop for art lovers, 4 festive holiday cocktails, tips for how to meet new people in person (not online), a gorgeous jeweled sweater, a must-visit spot in Palm Beach, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 85:
1. Y’all are probably well aware that Edwin and I fell in love with Vermont this fall. So, I’m swooning over this Vermont Winter Travel Guide. (abbycapalbo.com)
2. This looks like the perfect Christmas morning breakfast recipe to make! (Elisabethandbutter.com)
3. My girlfriend Liz chatted with Tory Daily about Charleston, interior design, what inspires her, and wise words of career wisdom. You’ll love this quick read! (toryburch.com/blog)
4. How to meet new people and meet them in person. Great post! (thestripe.com)
5. I get it! I love this quick read: why I run even though I dread it. (cupofjo.com)
6. Hold the phone! I need to find a way back to Palm Beach immediately to stay at The Pineapple Pad! (palmbeachlately.com)
7. I’m not sure if there is anyone out there who sets a more beautiful table than the ever-talented Lucy. (lucycuneo.com)
8. Two book lists for my book worms out there: 100 notable books of 2018 and the 30 best fiction books of 2018. (nytimes.com and bustle.com)
9. Four festive holiday cocktails to make this month. (lemonstripes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I’m absolutely in love with this jeweled sweater that is a great look-a-like to my sweater from last year.
2. Still shopping for Christmas decor for your house? Read my guide or shop this one-stop-shop!
3. My über talented friend, Blakely, has the best holiday shop! P.S. her ornaments are selling fast but there are still some available!
4. Perusing Clare V’s bags and found a handful I love for the holidays: velvet, beaded, green, leopard, and shearling.
5. This beautiful hair pin (by one of my favorite jewelry and accessories designers) is on major sale!
6. My girlfriend Chassity shared this and I loved it so I wanted to too! Artist, Janet Hill, is now on Anthropologie… she’s so talented!
7. J.Crew is offering 35% off your entire purchase + 50% off sale. Snag this fleece, these pajamas, this sweater, these earrings, this top, this parka, and this dress.
With Love from R&R:
1. What to wear to a casual holiday party – I love this dress!
2. How to decorate your home for the holidays… the best candles, wreaths, ornaments, and decor!
3. The faux fur coat I’m in love with.
4. Thirty hostess gifts under $50 for the holidays.
5. How to throw a holiday pajama party (holiday PJ picks included!).
6. An adorable olive green pants outfit to snag this season.
7. How to wear blue & white in the winter.
8. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a Mexican hot cocoa holiday recipe, a grown-up party game, the easiest “homemade” holiday gift, different ways to help those affected by the fires in California, my houndstooth favorites, everything you need to know before insuring an engagement ring, and more!
A Few if this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Edwin Eversole