It’s been a really nice weekend for us here in Charleston after a week that flew by. Edwin and I both worked around the clock this week. I truly had so much fun voting on Tuesday. We couldn’t get to the polls until the evening and I looked forward to it all day. I was so proud to be an American on Tuesday, just as I am every day! Back to our weekend… we stayed in on Friday night, tested recipes for Thanksgiving (Edwin has perfected his grandmother’s mac and cheese!), and watched the movie “Woman in Gold.” I’d forgotten how much I enjoy that movie! Yesterday we went to a really fun Garden & Gun event for their Made in the South weekend, watched football, and then went to our first holiday party of the season.
Today, we’re planning to enjoy a casual Sunday and to get some work done to prep for the week. What about y’all? I hope everyone else has had a fun and full weekend! My Weekend Reads, No. 83 are here complete with delicious Thanksgiving recipes, an autumn beauty DIY, an adorable corduroy dress, the ultimate fall beauty look, 20% off Christmas decorations, everything you need to know about supplements, ideas for how to get out of a career rut, $50 off the season’s cutest shoes, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 83:
1. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving with just your significant other? If so, then read this guide for how to make your two person Thanksgiving feel special. (camillestyles.com)
2. Four new LA restaurants to check out now. (damselindior.com)
3. A fun DIY to try over Thanksgiving: a DIY pumpkin spice brown sugar scrub. (papernstitchblog.com)
4. The best movie engagement rings of all time. (overthemoon.com)
5. Who is still trying to finalize their Thanksgiving menu? If so, head to Half Baked Harvest for some delicious Thanksgiving recipes (she’s one of my favorite food bloggers!). (halfbakedharvest.com)
6. What to do when you find yourself in a career rut. (thistimetomorrow.com)
7. Take me to the city! NYC eats lately. The photography in this post is so beautiful! (eggcanvas.me)
8. The ultimate fall beauty look is Rory Gilmore. (intothegloss.com)
9. A comprehensive breakdown for everything you need to know about supplements. (lemon stripes.com)
10. Oh gosh, Edwin and I totally do this! Do any other couples out there? (thecut.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I shared my top 12 picks of the season from Hampden this week as their guest editor. I’d like one of everything please!
2. This coat is a great lookalike to my white winter coat! Love, love.
3. I ordered this corduroy dress from the most recent Gal Meets Glam Collection launch and absolutely love it (I sized up one size).
4. Anthropologie is offering 20% off home items so it’s time to prep for Christmas by shopping all the wonderfulness in the gifts section! Think candles, ornaments, mugs, and more.
5. J.Crew is offering 30% off this weekend with code FRIENDS. Snag this sweater, this coat, this dress, these jeans, this fur stole, and these nordic boots.
6. M.Gemi is offering $50 off every pair of shoes until tomorrow. My favorites are these tailored loafers, these penny loafers, these bow mules, and these boots.
With Love from R&R:
1. The prettiest party dress of the season!
2. No joke here… the most comfortable pajamas in the world.
3. My new denim obsession.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a guide to charming Savannah, the wedding I’ve been dying to see, the cutest airbnb in North Carolina, splurge vs. save booties, everything you need to buy at Trader Joe’s to meal prep for the week, a must-read interview with Ralph Lauren, and more!
5. Lots of Thanksgiving inspiration, right this way.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photography by Edwin Eversole, first seen here.