Happy Sunday! Oh to be home in Charleston! Edwin and I have both really been on the go so we’ve been savoring every moment of being home this week since we both returned on Wednesday afternoon. Fall in Charleston really is glorious and I’m so loving all the autumn and Halloween decorations all around town. I’m looking forward to lots of time at home in Charleston in the upcoming months. As of now, I’m not going out of town until Christmas! Edwin will be out of town some for work but we’re still excited for lots of time spent at home.
Speaking of home, I hope to update y’all on some progress being made in our house remodel soon, stay tuned! I hope everyone has a wonderful fall Sunday! We’ve been celebrating our official one year wedding anniversary this weekend (it’s today!), which has been so fun! We’re eating the top tier of our wedding cake tonight after dinner… can’t wait! Speaking of dinner, we’re planning to go out to eat this week at one of our favorite restaurants to eat at this time of year – maybe Little Jack’s, maybe Harold’s Cabin, maybe some place else! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 81 complete with last-minute inspired Halloween costumes, up to 60% off at Club Monaco, a delicious one pot chicken and sage recipe, fall-inspired face masks, my favorite velvet pieces right now, tips for traveling with friends, podcasts to motivate you, and more! xx
Weekend Reads, No. 81:
1. Still searching for the perfect Halloween costume? Don’t miss this post of inspiration. Psst, my favorites are Fantastic Mr. Fox and Wizard of Oz. (classygirlswearpearls.com)
2. Holy heck! This one pot chicken and sage dumplings recipe, wow. (halfbakedharvest.com)
3. Are you moisturizing wrong? (intothegloss.com)
4. I love this behind the scenes look at A Star Is Born as Bradley Cooper narrates… I must see this movie!! (nytimes.com)
5. The best podcasts to motivate you to go after your goals. (camillestyles.com)
6. Tips for traveling with friends (I’ve been on so many big group girlfriend trips & I completely agree with everything Carly said!). (carlyahill.com)
7. Ten fall-inspired face masks to try this season. (theglitterguide.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. In case y’all missed it, my girlfriend Blakely wrote a book! Every art lover out there needs this in his/her house!
2. Your one-stop-shop to master the New England fall look.
3. Up to 60% off select styles at Club Monaco. I recommend this skirt (similar seen on me here), this dress, this jumpsuit (similar seen on me here), this lace dress, and these jeans.
5. My girlfriend Abby launched her own print shop featuring beautiful film photography images of Charleston! So excited for her!
6. I’m swooning for every velvet piece at Rebecca Taylor right now! This jumpsuit, this printed dress, these pumps, this top, this cami, and this ruched top… I mean, come on! Too cute.
7. I’m already thinking about gift guide items (!!!) so I was browsing Gorjana and found these three beautiful necklaces that are all $55: one, two, three.
8. Cape goals!
With Love from R&R:
1. Fall colors in Woodstock. Y’all, the leaves, oh my!
2. Apple picking in Vermont… such fun!
3. An afternoon canoe ride on Blueberry Lake.
4. Country roads, take me home! Gosh, I wish I had a little home in Vermont.
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the truth behind your weirdest dreams, a guide to budgeting money in your twenties, how to get over a breakup based on your personality type, a perfect pumpkin bread recipe, and more!
6. SPOOKY inspo!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Edwin Eversole