This weekend was exactly what the doctor ordered. I flew to Colorado on Thursday night from a quick work trip to Maine last week and spent the weekend in Boulder with a handful of my best college friends! We went to the football game on Friday night (Buffs won!) and had the best Boulder day yesterday. I had not been able to see most of my best friends since my wedding last October so it was a true treat! I feel so blessed everyday to have the most amazing friends from college who I know will be lifelong friends.
How was everyone else’s weekend!? I hope wonderful and restful! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 78 complete with a New England leaf peeping guide, a recipe for apple pie pots, tips and tricks from Instagram pros, 20% off at Tuckernuck (!!!), thoughts on how to avoid the comparison game, and my current coat obsession. Enjoy your Sunday! xx
Weekend Reads, No. 78
1. An 80-Year Harvard Study Says This 1 Thing Will Make You Happier and Healthier. (inc.com)
2. Obsessed with this post! A New England guide to leaf peeping. (classygirlswearpearls.com)
3. These apple pot pies are such a cute and cleaver fall dessert idea. (jacquelynclark.com)
4. What happens when your wedding day doesn’t go as planned. (overthemoon.com)
5. How to avoid the comparison game. (camillestyles.com)
6. A new weekly discovery: Good Grit Magazine. It’s a progressive, Southern lifestyle magazine dedicated to telling the stories of the south … have any of y’all read it before?
7. Kat’s closet is such a dream! I love how’s she’s organized everything. (withlovefromkat.com)
8. Instagram tips and tricks from Instagram pros. (ennawithlove.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. A surprise take on a holiday dress (yes, it’s not too soon to think about holiday dressing!).
2. OBSESSED with this. Trying to rationalize needing it… this is pretty adorable too.
3. J.Crew is having a fabulous sale and offering 30% off with code POPUP, Yes!
4. One of my favorite ways to master the leopard trend is to wear leopard accessories like these.
5. Ann Taylor is offering 50% off shoes and dresses. I love these and these.
6. This is such a cute and affordable midi dress for fall.
7. My favorite, Tuckernuck, is offering 20% off sitewide with code FRIENDS20. There are SO many cute pieces!
With Love from R&R:
1. Goodbye summer, hello fall!
2. Fall’s prettiest plaid blazer + the first peak at our trip to Maine.
3. My favorites from Shopbop’s fall site wide sale.
4. Meeting Reese Witherspoon (p.s. more on this to come next week)!!
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a gluten free apple cinnamon muffin recipe, 10 awesome podcasts to listen to now (we’re obsessed with Slow Burn!), NYC date night spots, the must-read new book of fall, what to expect if you quit social media for over a month, 18 classic fall films, an autumn candle I love, and more!
6. Is anyone thinking about this yet!?
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Virgil Bunao (originally outfit here)