Happy Sunday loves! We returned home from California last Wednesday night and have been in Charleston the rest of the week. Edwin and I have both been working away since returning home but we’ve also spent some fun time with my brother and snuck in some work on our house. We went appliance shopping on Thursday with Olivia, which was actually so exciting! I picture us in our house every single day and I just can’t wait to move in in the new year!
In other news, I was hit hard for 48 hours with a summer cold but thanks to mass amounts of sleep, I beat it pretty quickly! I also cleaned out my closet… ha, lots of exciting stuff happening around here! I have a handful of amazing events coming up the next two weeks in Charleston so it was a treat to have a low key weekend! Did anyone else treat this weekend as an excuse to get organized for the beginning of a new season? Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 75 complete with 7 emerging US wine regions other than Napa, what to read this month, September horoscopes, the new must-have face mask everyone will be talking about, John Krasinski’s favorite episode of The Office, my fall tennis shoe obsession, the four most underrated food cities in America, and more!
P.S. if you’re looking for something to watch tonight, then I highly recommend Always At The Carlyle! My mom and I watched it recently and adored it. Any New York lover will.
Weekend Reads, No. 75
1. Beyond Napa: 7 emerging American wine regions to visit now… is there one close to you!? (vogue.com)
2. In light of this post I shared this week, I wanted to highlight this article on website metrics 101: how to analyze and improve your site from the numbers. (theeverygirl.com)
3. I love what Besties, Blair and Chloe, had to say about each other! Allison, best friend goals!? (gotham-magazine.com)
4. The four most underrated food cities in America. I’m heading to two of these soon so I’m very excited about this article! (goop.com)
5. What to read this month + a breakdown and grade for each book. (thestripe.com)
6. The ultimate Amalfi Coast travel guide… how to get around, where to stay, where to eat, where to snap photos, and more. (margoandme.com)
7. Obsessed with these Nantucket loafers and the way Mackenzie styled them. (mackenziehoran.com)
8. Congratulation Jacey! I don’t personally know Jacey but she is one of my favorite bloggers to follow. Love her and so excited for them! (damselindior.com)
9. I found this article so interesting because I didn’t realize people are actually doing this. When Edwin and I lived in Los Angeles, we joked about doing this all the time. (purewow.com)
10. Ohhhh hello September horoscopes. I liked mine! (manrepeller.com)
11. The best show of all time (other than Sex and the City) is, of course, The Office. John Krasinski revealed his favorite episode and it’s a classic. (vulture.com)
12. How to stand out in a world of influencers. (thechampagneedit.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Finally! Summer Fridays released their second product (you know how much I love the Jet Lag Mask as seen here!), a vitamin-packed exfoliating overtime mask, and I can’t wait to try it.
2. I’m really into the gold tone of these tennis shoes for fall.
3. I went through all the new arrivals at Madewell and picked out the must-haves! Ready, set, go: 1) colorblock cardigan of my dreams 2) bold colorful stripes are in this season so snag this stripe sweater 3) the version of this fleece jacket from last year sold out so quickly (as seen on me here) so grab it quickly (I also love the vest!) 4) I love a denim skirt for fall football Saturdays 5) fall floral dress + fall floral skirt and 6) this top would look adorable with this skirt.
5. Anthropologie is offering an extra 20% off sale styles. I’m partial to this, this, this and this.
6. Green with envy over anyone who owns this $59 sweater… must snag it!
7. This is major! So excited to shop one of my favorite brands here now.
With Love from R&R:
1. One dress styled two ways: for summer and for fall. My dress is 50% off!
2. My most frequently asked questions about blogging answered.
3. I reminisced about this post from last summer on Instagram this week… read my full routine here!
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a look inside Tory Burch’s Caribbean home, what 90-somethings regret the most about life, must-have silk hair ties, a peak inside my favorite earring designer’s studio, romance by the sea, why you need ACV in your diet, a case for wearing pants other than jeans this fall, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: seen here