Happy Sunday and happy Labor Day weekend loves! I hope everyone is savoring today with the knowledge that tomorrow is a day off for relaxing, organizing, or having fun with family and friends. It’s been a great weekend so far in California and I’ve loved the opportunity to celebrate my girlfriend Melissa as she gets ready to walk down the aisle in a few months! If you have a few spare minutes today, then keep reading to peruse my Weekend Reads, No. 74 complete with the 7 best sales to shop this holiday weekend + my recommendations from each, a look inside Tory Burch’s Caribbean home, what 90-somethings regret the most about life, must-have silk hair ties, a peak inside my favorite earring designer’s studio, romance by the sea, why you need ACV in your diet, a case for wearing pants other than jeans this fall, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 74:
1. Major décor inspiration: Tory Burch’s island getaway on Antigua (p.s. more on her stunning home here!). (thisisglamorous.com & vogue.com)
2. I loved this peak inside my favorite earring designer’s downtown Charleston studio! Hart has such a magical touch! (harthaggerty.com)
3. Amy Stone shared her favorite spots in the Hamptons and I couldn’t agree more with everything she picked! (modernluxury.com)
4. Why nostalgia may be weighing you down and how to de-clutter your home, while still maintaining personal touches. (cupcakesandcashmere.com)
5. What do 90-somethings regret the most? I found this article to relay really telling and sweet outlooks on life. (medium.com)
6. My girlfriend, Olivia, shared how to get out of a style rut. P.S. if you don’t follow her, then you’re missing out on an amazing daily dose of chicness! (thestrategy.ca)
7. I love this article for so many reasons: my friend Caitlin wrote it, it features my hair stylist from when I lived in Los Angeles, I’m obsessed with the highlighted recipe, and I previously had no idea of how much ACV could help my hair! (publiclivessecretrecipes.com)
8. Lucy nailed it, as always. I adore this story on romance by the sea! (lucycuneo.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. SOOOOO many SALES (7 can’t-miss ones!) to shop this holiday weekend!
2. I’ve shared Sara Fitz’s wrapping paper before but I’m currently obsessed with her coastal tableware! (sarafitz.com)
3. Cozy up with these feminine fall staples, aka new arrivals from Sweet & Spark! I love this wrap sweater, this teddy bar jacket, and this fuzzy pink jacket.
4. Four floral fall tops on sale to get you in the mood for the new season ahead: one, two, three, four.
5. I’m obsessed with these silk hair ties and need these in my beauty arsenal.
6. I’m going to make a big effort to wear pants other than jeans this fall… I love these two options as my start: one, two (both on sale!).
With Love from R&R:
1. This was such a fun post to create! A guide to Charleston’s wine bars and wine shops, cheers!
2. The 7 BEST Labor Day weekend sales + what I love/recommend from each sale.
3. Have you entered my giveaway with Charleston artist, Haley Mathews, yet?! You still have a bit of time and it’s so good!
4. The outfit I’m wearing Labor Day weekend.
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a video to help you with photo editing, style inspired by Nancy Meyers movies, face mapping and breakouts, a guide to how your attachment style can affect your relationships, an affordable sweater you need for summer & fall, advice on why making friends as an adult is so difficult, and more!
6. Can you believe I’m already feeling so inspired by this!?
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Edwin Eversole as seen here