Happy Sunday! It’s been a low key but exciting weekend! I had a few yummy meals out at One Broad Street, Goat Sheep Cow North (they had the most delicious pop-up brunch!), and at Napa. I also saw Crazy Rich Asians with Chassity, which was such a fun movie! The most exciting part of the weekend will take place today though… my brother, Clarke, is moving to Charleston and he arrives in town today! To say that I’m thrilled to have him in Charleston is an understatement! I can’t wait to be able to spend much more time together.
I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of their weekend! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 73 complete with a video to help you with photo editing, style inspired by Nancy Meyers movies, 20% off everything at Anthropologie + my top picks, face mapping and breakouts, a guide to how your attachment style can affect your relationships, an affordable sweater you need for fall & summer, advice on why making friends as an adult is so difficult, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 73:
1. Carly shared this post the week before last but I love it and never had the chance to share it… style inspired by Nancy Meyers movies (aka the best movies of all time!) + she shared an Instagram worthy NYC cocktail guide this week. (carlyahill.com)
2. I learned so much from this video on photo editing! Thanks Abby! (abbymurphyphoto.com)
3. One of my favorite bloggers to follow is Liz Adams – she has the absolute best outlook on life! I love her list of 32 things she’s learned in 32 years. (sequinsandstripes.com)
4. How adorable does Chassity look in her gorgeous pre-fall dress designed by Julia!? In love with her whole look! (looklingerlove.com)
5. My grandfather worked at The Varsity when he attend Georgia Tech for college so it holds a special place in my family’s heart. I loved this article on the iconic Atlanta institution. Well done Garden & Gun! (gardenandgun.com)
6. Face mapping: what your breakouts reveal about your health. (byrdie.com)
7. How to support a friend who is going through a rough patch. (thechalkboardmag.com)
8. How your attachment style affects your relationships. (goop.com)
9. Why vitamin c should be a part of your daily skincare routine. (camillestyles.com)
10. How to stop being a people pleaser + please your own self. (theglitterguide.com)
11. Why is making friends as an adult difficult? (positiveperscription.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Anthropologie is offering 20% off everything including new fall arrivals! Snag my top 7 picks: bow blouse, suede moto jacket, faux suede leggings, button-front mini skirt, Americana cardigan, lucite-handled tote bag (I’M OBSESSED, comes in 7 colors!), and this felt hat.
2. Y’all know how much I love Nantucket so it should come as no surprise that I flipped for this Nantucket gifting company I discovered this week. So so cute!
3. I’m swooning over this top for fall!
4. I’m sure y’all are familiar with the company Home-T (they make the cutest home state pride t-shirts)! I was just in a conversation this week and I learned that the company donates 10% of their proceeds to The Natl MS Society. I love a company with a greater purpose so I had to share!
5. Lord & Taylor is offering 40% off with code FALL. I have heart eyes for this top ($43), these utility pants ($59 – I love the green), this blouse ($49), and this faux fur vest ($98).
6. Two very unrelated pieces I love right now from Love Shack Fancy: one, two.
7. I’ve never met a turtleneck sweater I didn’t like.
With Love from R&R:
1. Exploring Grand Teton National Park.
2. A glimpse at one of my favorite places in Jackson Hole.
3. How to wear denim overalls and pull them off!
4. The perfect summer to fall dress is here + a handful of other transitional dresses.
5. Tips for building a seasonless wardrobe.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the yummiest peach walnut bread recipe, inspiration for aspiring needle pointers, an interview with BBG creator Kayla Itsines, a guide for being more productive when working from home, 72 hours in Napa, a new must-have luminizer, the truth about intermittent fasting, and more!
7. Never not in love with Charleston.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: from this shoot by Edwin Eversole
thanks for the double share lady! xx
Of course! I always love your content!! xx