My WHAT a weekend in Charleston! The weather has been more than beautiful except today we are apparently in for a thunderstorm so we shall see. The past two days, I’ve enjoyed the glorious spring weather with an al fresco happy hour, a trip to the farmer’s market, and a beach day!
One of my aunts and one of my uncles arrive in Charleston today from New York City and I’m so excited to see them! We’re starting their trip off with dinner tonight at The Ordinary. I hope everyone enjoys their day and is blessed with some of the delicious weather we’ve been having.
Keep reading my Weekend Reads, No. 62 for the best antiquing in Charleston, all the most frequently asked questions about the royal wedding, a travel guide for colorful Cartagena, one of the biggest beauty sales of the year, an adorable straw hat for only $26 and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 62:
1. My girlfriend, Hart, shared a girls’ weekend guide to Charleston and it’s spot on. (harthagerty.com)
2. Maybelle, I love you! Our little life together in Charleston just got so much better! (charlestoncvb.com)
3. My girlfriend, Liz, went antiquing in Charleston with One Kings Lane and I’ve got a major bug now to do a little antique shopping. Thanks for sharing all the best spots Liz! (onekingslane.com)
4. Blake Lively interview Gigi Hadid, enough said. (harpersbazaar.com)
5. This is the prettiest blog post I’ve seen in a while + the prettiest picnic/party I’ve seen in awhile. (camillestyles.com)
6. A new study reveals how many hours it takes to make a friend… I was honestly surprised by the results. (pays.org)
7. The most surprising things about having kids, according to moms. (manrepeller.com)
8. The royal wedding: frequently asked questions and answers to everything you ever wanted to know – and some things you didn’t. (nytimes.com)
9. Dying to visit Cartagena, especially after this travel guide from Blair. (the-atlantic-pacific.com)
10. A gorgeous + easy spring beauty routine + beauty products every girl should own. (sequinsandstripes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Cutest top ever for only $55! Oh & this top for $42 is darn cute too.
2. A few of my friends swear by eye masks but I’ve never really gotten into them… I tried these anti-wrinkle energizing eye masks and am obsessed! P.S. I’m interested in trying these acne facial sheet masks too.
3. Attention beauty lovers! The Sephora Spring Bonus Sale is here… what you need to know: if you’re a Sephora Rouge Member you get 15% off makeup, skincare, and more this weekend. If you’re a VIP member, you get 15% off everything from April 20th-23rd. If you don’t fit either category, then you can sign up (for free!) to be a Sephora Beauty Insider to get 10% off everything from April 20th-23rd.
4. Chic all white spring styles: top, jeans, sandals, purse, midi dress, short dress, and a semi all-white top.
5. Hat attack for only $26.
6. I love that denim skirts are BACK.
With Love from R&R:
1. My wedding posts continued this week with the reveal of our rehearsal dinner and welcome party. I think you’ll love my little white dress!
2. The Shopbop Spring Sale may be over but that doesn’t mean you can’t still shop the beautiful pieces (many are at a great price already without the sale!).
3. Last Week’s Weekend Reads: how to buy two cashmere sweaters for the price of one, the most gorgeous moroccan themed engagement party, a guide to gardening basics, the new album I can’t stop listening to, a yummy + easy spring salad recipe to make at home, and more.
4. Constantly inspired by what I’m seeing here!
5. What I wore to Allison’s bridal shower last weekend.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: by Edwin Eversole (more here)