Hello from Miami!! A couple of my East Coast girlfriends do a Miami trip every year when they just can’t take the winter up north anymore… although I don’t have the tough winters in Charleston, I am an East Coaster now so I last minute decided to hop on their trip and jet down to Miami on Friday. It’s such an easy flight from Charleston so it was a no brainer!
I’ve been loving the Miami climate, the beach time, the girlfriend laughs, and the amazing food down here. We had a fabulous brunch yesterday at Upland and marvelously fun and yummy dinner last night at Byblos before going out in the Wynwood neighborhood (P.S. I went to Miami a few years ago with my mom and shared a travel guide here!).
Keep reading below for my Weekend Reads, No. 57 full of the best pajama sale in the world, a healthy NYC travel guide, the difference between American & French food culture, must-have new lip colors, a $7 cure for pimples, behind-the-scenes with the British royal family’s photographer, a new nail polish line for strengthening nails, and more!
Weekend Reads, No. 57:
1. I loved reading about Jacey’s brother’s surrogacy story. (damselindior.com)
2. I’m on the hunt for a fresh, new lip color that pops this spring… thinking about scooping one up from Sakura’s must-have lip colors! (somethingsakura.com)
3. Currently at the top of my to-do list: legally change my name! I’m thinking about trying Hitch Switch… have anyone used their serve before? Would love to hear! (hitchswitch.com)
4. Saving this for the next time I’m in Texas… Bradley’s favorite places to eat in Dallas. (luellajune.com)
5. My friend Mackenzie shared this link and I found it so fascinating that I had to share too… Thought-provoking ideas on the difference between American and French food culture. (annstreetstudio.com)
6. Behind the scenes with the British royal family’s photographer. (1stdibs.com)
7. A $7 cure for pimples… ordering from Amazon now! (intothegloss.com)
8. The healthy NYC Guide. (goop.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I was recently introduced to New York City jewelry line AUrate and loved it so much I wanted to share… their jewels are beautiful, everything is made from ethically sourced materials, and (my favorite part!) they donate a book to economically underprivileged kids with every piece sold.
2. Essie just realized a new line of polishes called Treat Love & Color that is focused on strengthening your nails… hallelujah! P.S. I love trying new polishes but will forever and always go back to Essie.
3. J.Crew is offering up to 40% off with code ZMTWKIP. I’m swooning over these heels (I guarantee they will sell out!) and this pajama set, and this button-down.
4. This is so simple, sweet, and well priced.
5. MAJOR UPDATE! My favorite PJ company Lake Pajamas is having their annual sale and offering up to 50% off. Snag a pair for yourself, think ahead to Easter and Mother’s Day gifts, get you and your bestie matching pairs… whatever, just don’t waste this opportunity!
6. Summer is calling my name with this gingham number!
With Love from R&R:
1. I put the spotlight on my must-have spring layer in a new outfit.
2. My February Edit went up featuring the best pieces to buy during this transition month to get you prepped for spring in March.
3. The navy dress I’ll wear all spring.
4. I interviewed Chicago-based jewelry designer, Dana Rebecca, in my latest Sitting Pretty With feature!
5. Saying goodbye to our winter at the beach and hello to spring at the beach.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: a glimpse at how one of my favorite couples in fashion met, secrets to a better pitcher email for bloggers, 100 things to do in Charleston before you die, the cutest swimsuit collaboration I ever did see, the Four Burners Theory (so interesting!), polka dot outfit inspiration, and more.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: Edwin Eversole
aww thanks girl!! have so much fun in miami!! xx
Thanks so much lady!! XOXO
Hope Miami was fun!
To be honest, name changing isn’t that hard…you just have to give yourself the time to do it. I would put the money toward new monograms instead 😉
I used this post from Southern Weddings Mag and found it helpful. https://southernweddings.com/2016/07/22/how-to-change-your-name/
Just remember to start with your marriage licenses (I bought 3 copies because sometimes they mail it with the paperwork), then Social Security card and then do drivers license, passport, etc. I just googled “how to change name with JetBlue” “how to change name passport”, etc. It can get tedious, but then it’s just done.
And remember to book plane tickets in the name on the ID you’ll have! So if you have your new SS card, but not ID or passport when you fly, you still need to book flights under Attaway. Bring a good book to the DMV and Social Security office and you’re golden!
Oh! And for joint bank accounts (if you have them), the bank my require that you both be there so I would check before you schlep over there. This became one of the hardest parts just to coordinate our schedules.
Hi Ellie, thank you so much for your thoughtful and helpful comment!! Ahhh yes, I love that Southern Weddings article… reading it now! I’ve been warned of the same thing with traveling – makes me nervous I’ll trip up but sounds easy enough! Thanks so much for all the tips and thank you for reading Rhyme & Reason! XOXO