This week flew by leading up to the holiday weekend! It definitely helped that I started the week in Jackson Hole visiting my grandfather and getting a little skiing in. I returned back to Charleston late Tuesday night and woke up to Valentine’s Day! Edwin and I aren’t crazy Valentine’s people but we definitely enjoy the excuse to mark the day with time together and to remind each other of how much we love and cherish each other. I was a little sappy because it was out first Valentine’s Day together since getting married last October.
We ended up celebrating on Thursday because Edwin got caught in San Fransisco for work but we enjoyed exchanging gifts (a vintage cigar tray for him and garden stools for me!) and had a lovely, leisurely lunch date at The Obstinate Daughter before returning to work in the afternoon and then cooking together at home. The rest of the week was full of work until this weekend. We’ve so been enjoying being outside and the warm weather (in the 70s!).
I hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend and has fun plans to enjoy tomorrow off work (fingers crossed you have work or school off!). Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 56 for a glimpse at how one of my favorite couples in fashion met, secrets to a better pitcher email for bloggers, 100 things to do in Charleston before you die, the cutest swimsuit collaboration I ever did see, the Four Burners Theory (so interesting!), polka dot outfit inspiration, and more.
Weekend Reads, No. 56:
1. I love this glimpse at how one of my favorite couples in fashion met and their new baby line is everything and more! (modaoperandi.com)
2. Love this polka dot look on Sarah and her blush purse is a dream. (classygirlswearpearls.com)
3. Secrets to a better pitch email for bloggers. (thecharlestonweekender.com)
4. My girlfriend Mackenzie stayed at the same inn in the Berkshires as we did last month (33 Main!) and I just loved see all her photographs. It made me want to book a trip back in the summer or fall! (Mackenziehoran.com)
5. Loved this interview with Glitter Guide founder, Taylor Sterling, on motherhood, her typical day, healthy living, digital persona and more. (laurenconrad.com)
6. Congratulations on the beautiful new site design Blare June! (blarejune.com)
7. If you live somewhere where winter is still alive and well, then favorite this crockpot beef chili recipe… so delicious. (halfbakedharvest.com)
8. 100 things to do in Charleston before you die. (charelstoncvb.com)
9. Have you heard of the Four Burners Theory? I hadn’t until Grace shared this article… if only there were more hours in the day! (jamesclear.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I’m SO excited about this! Amazingly talented artist, Dorothy Shain, launched a swimwear collaboration with Anthropologie and it is beyond words! I ordered this bikini top and bottom!
2. Have you seen Rebecca Taylor’s new spring arrivals!? I’m swooning over this stripe dress, this jumpsuit, this floral dress, this ladylike blouse, this eyelet dress, this adorable sweatshirt, and this romanic dress, wahhhh! P.S. Rebecca Taylor is also offering an extra 25% off sale this weekend!
3. All white adorableness under $100: dress, top, skirt, cover-up.
4. West Elm is offering 20% off everything for President’s Weekend. So, time to spruce up your home!
5. Ahoy matey! Perfect stripes right this way.
6. Loft is offering an extra 40% off sale styles with code HAPPY. I”m eyeing this, this, this, this, and this (amazing time to add this to your closet!).
7. Blush crush: purse, shoes, jeans, top, skirt, tee, swimsuit.
8. Lilly Pulitzer released swimwear this week and it’s adorable! Also, how cute does Julia look!?
With Love from R&R:
1. I shared the cutest $75 ruffle sleeve cardigan in a new outfit this week (in front of one of my favorite pink Charleston houses!).
2. A beginner’s guide to Charleston! This post is packed with my top recommendations for checking in, dining out, and exploring around… it’s a must read if you’ve never been to the Holy City.
3. Did you celebrate Valentine’s Day with the girls this year!? I posted the perfect Galentine’s Day party. Also, tips for how to host your own (pin the images for next year or use the ideas for another girlfriend gathering!).
4. Springtime approved pajamas hit the blog. Also, why I’m loving organic sleepwear right now.
5. My heart goes a flutter for the ladylike dress I wore on a recent Charleston flower run and it’s on major sale.
6. Need a specialty cocktail to help you celebrate the continued long weekend!? Then I’ve got you covered.
7. Last week’s Weekend Reads: everything you need to know if you want to try acupuncture, my current favorite music documentary, Harbour Island wardrobe inspiration, a beginner’s guide to collecting, how to be a better blogger, and more.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Edwin Eversole (originally appeared in this post)