Bonjour! I’m sharing my Weekend Reads, No. 52 all the way from Canada! On Thursday morning I left Charleston bright and early on a 6am flight to meet my sister, Sarah, in Quebec City. We both fell in love with Quebec City the moment we stepped out of the cab from the airport. It is one of the most charming cities I’ve ever been too! I’ll be sharing a full travel guide to the city shortly.
We stayed in Quebec City Thursday and Friday nights at Auberge Saint-Antoine before heading out to countryside yesterday to check into Manoir Hovey. After one night here in the countryside, we’re off to Montreal today for our final night in Canada! It’s been a quick long weekend trip but so so fun and new. This is my second time to Canada but my first time to the eastern part of Canada (I went to Vancouver in 2016!).
I’m so lucky to be on this trip as I’m tagging along with Sarah while she scouts Canada hotels for her job (more about her dream job here!)… follow along on Instagram so you don’t miss a beat of our explorations and keep reading below for an amazing beauty guide, three easy tricks for flower arranging, a gorgeous Los Angeles dream house, two can’t-miss sales, and more in my Weekend Reads, No. 52.
Turtleneck (on sale, comes in 5 colors) / Fur Stole (sold out – similar, similar, similar) / Jeans
Weekend Reads, No. 52:
1. My girlfriend Erica shared the ultimate beauty roundup post ever! I’ve read it all the way through twice and already purchased multiple products she suggested including this eye serum, eye makeup remover, this face mask, and this dry texturing spray. (erienick.com)
2. Where to go in NYC to be cozy in the winter. (carlyahill.com)
3. My sister Sarah was featured in Atlanta’s Jezebel Magazine chatting about her top 5 destinations for millennials. (modernluxury.com/jezebel)
4. Three little tricks for arranging flowers…love this…! (lucycuneo.com)
5. Annie Bing’s home tour is massively swoon-worthy. The epitome of California cool. (mydomaine.com)
6. Palm Beach shopping inspiration… p.s. I need both the dresses they are wearing! (palmbeachlately.com)
7. The 20 best places to live on the coast in 2018. (coastalliving.com)
8. I love keeping up with Mackenzie’s 101 in 1001 progress! (mackenziehoran.com)
9. Chassity’s bathroom update looks so light, bright, and beautiful. (looklingerlove.com)
10. Well if this isn’t the yummiest sounding thing in the world: gluten-free cinnamon swirl banana bread. (elisabethandbutter.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Tuckernuck is having a huge sale… 30% off already reduced prices! I grabbed this dress (most amazing price!) but I also love this top and these earrings for spring.
2. I love to wear luminizer/highlighter in the warm months to give me that summertime glow but I’ve also been wearing it pretty consistently this winter so my skin looks warm and glowy… I alternate between this RMS magic luminizer and this Benefit cream-to-powder highlighter.
3. J.Crew is at it again, this time with 40% off cozy favorites. Snag this, this, and these.
4. Five budget friendly pre-spring finds: one, two, three, four, five.
5. This trip to Canada is the first time I’ve traveled since I got this leather laptop case for Christmas so it’s my first time using it and, as predicted, I LOVE it!
6. ADORABLE stripes.
With Love from R&R:
1. I shared my love for a neutral color palette in January featuring a ladylike pearl embellished sweater.
2. Is your 2018 off to its best start possible!? If you answered “maybe?” or “no.” then read my 2018 refresh tips.
3. Travel bugs, this is the post you need to read this week: the 5 best winter weekend getaways for anyone on the East Coast.
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: easy + helpful photography editing tips, a new must-watch show, mood-booting tools for a better mental well-being, 7 things you didn’t know about being a royal heir, and more.
5. Quebec City charm: one, two, three.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photo by Sarah Attaway for Instagram
Loving your links Jillian! Hope you’re having the best time in Quebec City. You have officially inspired me to add it o my list of hopeful destinations for 2018.
Thanks so much Fran! We are having the best time and so appreciate your warm wishes! I’m so happy to hear I inspired you to add Quebec City to your travel list! It’s magical!! XOXO
thanks for sharing jillian! hope you had so much fun in canada! xx
Thanks Carly!! Having the best trip!! xx