Happy MLK Weekend loves! I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. It was rainy on Friday but since then, Charleston has been shining in the bright sun! I’ll be out of town the next two weekends so I’ve been loving the time in the city. I tried the new restaurant, Tu, and really enjoyed the whole experience from the cool ambiance to the interesting food!
Maybelle also had her first visit to the beach on Saturday… she was in puppy Heaven to say the least (I shared on my Instagram Story)! I also helped my friend Abby with a fun project she’s working on, stay tuned! I hope everyone enjoys the lack of Sunday scaries today and keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 51 full of 3 can’t miss sales, some under $100 shopping finds, photography tips from a true pro, a new must-watch show, 7 things you didn’t know about being a royal heir, a cute holiday engagement story, two delicious recipes I’m dying to bake, and more.
Weekend Reads, No. 51:
1. A Rhyme & Reason reader started the the smartest company called Dress Weights (they are a small, reusable, recyclable, adhesive steel weight that when attached to the interior hem of a dress, skirt or blouse, prevents the garment from blowing up in the wind… pretty cool right!?)… she’s offering R&R readers 15% off orders with code JILLIAN. P.S. I used them and was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked the product (of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be sharing!). (dressweights.com)
2. Two yummy breads I’m dying to bake: gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip bread from Sullivan Street Eats and whole wheat blueberry banana bread from Brooklyn Supper. (sullivanstreeteats.com and brooklynsupper.com)
3. If you are trying to up your photography game then consider this post a photography must-read! Lucy always has the best tips! (lucycuneo.com)
4. I’m not a huge TV person but I’m getting the feeling that I need to watch this show and that I’m the last person on the planet to pick up on it. (amazon.com)
5. Seven things you didn’t know about being a royal heir. (townandcountrymag.com)
6. A cute holiday engagement story. (brunchonchesnut.com)
7. Mood-boosting tools for a better mental well-being. (goop.com)
8. Never not inspired by Julia’s travels… can’t wait to see where she heads in 2018! (galmeetsglam.com)
9. Kindness. (swiss-miss.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. My spring wardrobe needs these pretties.
2. I really love this edit of warm neutrals! Obsessed with this hat, this cardigan, this scarf, and every jacket included.
3. Just ordered these jeans… nothing beats fresh white denim.
4. Two not to be missed sales: Loft is offering an extra 50% off sale and Club Monaco is offering up to 70% off sale.
5. Three Topshop finds for under $80: feminine pajamas, everyday sweater on sale, and easy tie front dress.
6. Tory Burch is offering an extra 30% off sale styles with their Semi-Annual Sale + Tory just released her spring swimsuit collection and I’m obsessed. I have this suit style from two years ago and think it is one of the most flattering bathing suits I own (more colors here and here)!
With Love from R&R:
1. Have you read about our growing family!? If not, then meet the little love of my life: meet Maybelle!
2. Last week’s Weekend Reads: Emma Watson’s beauty routine, under-the-radar French brands, top new hotels opening in 2018, how to handle stress according to your ayurvedic mind-body type, and more.
3. Still not over this! Hard to believe it was a only a week and a half ago.
4. No sign of snow in Charleston now…
5. I’ve been so inspired by and active on this lately!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: Virgil Bunao
Oh my gosh, you definitely need to add The Marvelous Mr.s Maisel to your list! I watched it over Christmas and loved it! The outfits are so fun and I’m already counting down until season two is released!
xx, Shannon | http://www.prepavenue.com
Ohhh yay, I love hearing this! Everyone is raving about it so I’m going to start watching it asap! Thanks for reading my Weekend Reads! xx