Well, Charleston has never been more beautiful than it was this week, covered in a blanket of snow. It snowed just under 6 inches in Charleston, South Carolina… Can you believe it!? It was the first real snow here in years.
On Wednesday, the city completely shut down: the airport, schools, restaurants, stores, everything. On Thursday a handful of places opened back up and on Friday a handful more opened. By Saturday, the city was back to normal except for the snow and ice that hadn’t melted yet. The city shut down more than would be expected because it’s surrounded by bridges and all the bridges closed due to ice.
So, we were in our own quite, little, magical winter wonderland. Yesterday, I popped into a few of my favorite Charleston spots including Hampden before we went to a fun oyster roast. Today, Edwin and I are going to brunch with Julia and Thomas and then I’m working on a fun project with Liz this afternoon. Cheers to a beautiful Sunday!
Keep reading to browse my Weekend Reads, No. 50 including Emma Watson’s beauty routine, under-the-radar French fashion brands, snowy Charleston, how to handle stress based on your ayurvedic mind-body type, two huge End-of-Season Sales, and more.
Shop my snowy outfit here
Weekend Reads, No. 50:
1. Emma Watson’s beauty routine… obsessed with everything about this (and her!). I’m intrigued to try this beauty brand now. (intothegloss.com)
2. I met Meghan a few years ago and have loved following along with her ever since. She’s one of the most genuine bloggers out there and this post of her’s just shows how honest she is. (witwhimsy.com)
3. Grab your kleenex and read this piece, Running Through Grief. (thestripe.com)
4. I loved reading about all of Ali’s accomplishments in 2017 + seeing her pretty photos from Mexico! Excited to see what 2018 has in store for her family. (adashofdetails.com)
5. This short piece on infertility & adoption is really moving. (manrepeller.com)
6. The best under-the-radar French fashion brands. (thisisglamorous.com)
7. Top new hotels opening in 2018… book marking a couple of these including the Denver hotel. (architecturaldisgest.com)
8. How to handle stress according to your ayurvedic mind-body type. (thechalkboardmag.com)
9. Love these photos of snowy Charleston from Garden & Gun. (gardenandgun.com)
10. Super inspired by Krista’s 2017 Travel… adding a couple places to my travel bucket list.
Shopping & Sales:
1. I’m really impressing with the coats & jackets at Loft right now! Especially loving this velvet blazer (comes in two colors), this fleece lined denim jacket, this periwinkle coat, and this textured moto coat, and this houndstooth coat.
2. This nautical beauty is finally on sale.
3. Obsessing over this new to me line that I’m loving for spring.
4. Hello End-of-Season sales! Club Monaco is offering up to 60% off and J.Crew is offering up to 75% off! Must shop: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
5. Tory Burch is having her Semi-Annual Sale and offering an extra 30% off sale styles with code EXTRA30. This is an amazing boot at an unbeatable price, I’m personally head of heels for these in navy, so cute for spring, love these, and this is über cool.
6. Obsessed with these stripes.
7. Honeymoon wardrobe inspiration: this dress, this purse, these sandals, and this striped number.
8. New purse on my radar. Aye yai yai.
9. Winter blues.
10. If you don’t have this leather laptop case yet, then I highly suggest you snag it for the new year + you can monogram it! It’s my favorite.
With Love from R&R:
1. Did you see all my photos from our Charleston snow day!? It was the best best day!
2. Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018! I recapped last year and spilled a little on what’s to come for Edwin and me this year.
3. Thank you Draper James and Explore Charleston for featuring my photo!
4. Last week’s Weekend Reads: Goop’s beauty editor spilled all her favorite products, a beautiful NYC travel guide + a gorgeous Palm beach travel guide, the pop culture from 2017 you already forgot about, how to get over the need to be liked, and more.
5. SOOOO many beautiful things happening over here… have you been following along!?
6. If you’re planning a trip to Charleston, then add Basic Kitchen to your restaurant list (especially if you need a healthy break from southern food!). It’s delicious!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Edwin Eversole
Ahhh Jillian – thank you so much for sharing my post + for your kind words <3! Means so much to me! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Hope to see you in NYC soon!!
Of course! Love following along with you Meghan! Yes, definitely NYC soon!! xx
Jillian! You are the sweetest! Thank you soo much for sharing my post! I can’t wait to see where you and Edwin end up this year! I can’t wait for upcoming travels! xx-Ali
Of course! Yay, can’t wait either!! Happy New Year! xx