Happy Sunday! I’m back a second week in a row with a Weekend Reads post… honestly wow I am a bit surprised I got this post written. We’re having crummy weather in Charleston today but Friday and Saturday were lovely! I went to dinner with two girlfriends on Friday evening and we went to our friends’ oyster roast on Saturday. Those were my two big outings this weekend and then it’s been lots of playing with Rowan, relaxing, and squeezing in some work. I took a week off of pilates after breaking my toe but I was back this past week (with adjustments) and it was tiring but felt so great to move my body.
I can’t go for walks or ride our Peloton right now with my toe so my twice-weekly pilates is my main exercise at the moment. And I feel super physically limited but am so grateful for pilates! It has been a wonderful constant in my life the last 3 years through so many physical changes and evolutions with the newest one being my exciting broken bone. Otherwise, not much to report! This coming week, Margaret of Sunday Plans will be making her final updates to our house organization project (I’m going to share a big story on Instagram!) and we’re heading to California for my sister’s engagement party (more on both of those excitements here!).
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.151 complete with all-season entertaining tips from Charleston’s best, an inspiring podcast episode with one of my fave female creatives, a delicious Valentine’s treat to bake, thoughts on taking an Instagram break, 20+ ways to volunteer in Charleston, pre-order books to snag now (I ordered 2 or the 3 recommendations!), children’s school lunchbox gear, and more!
P.S. The below photos are from the opening of LoveShackFancy in Charleston last month!
From Left to Right: Kristin’s Dress (similar, similar) / My Dress / Annika’s Dress / Megan’s Dress (similar)
Weekend Reads, No.151
. I ordered 2 of the 3 pre-order books from this book roundup post (under the “Three Fantastic New Books That Are Out Sooooon!“ section and am so excited about them (I skipped the The Golden Couple because I get scared reading at night, although it sounds great!). I also read The Art Forger from this list and loved it too! (thestripe.com)
2. The Morning Show was officially picked up for season three, yay! I thought the finale of season 2 was the weakest episode of the first two seasons but I’m really excited to read this article about who the new showrunner is. It makes me think season 3 is going to be good! (harpers bazaar.com)
3. I loved listening to Natalie Steen of The Nat Note this week on the How’d She Do That Podcast. (howdshedouthatpodcast.com)
4. These raspberry honey linzer cookies sound like such a fun treat to make for Valentine’s Day! (westontable.com/blog)
5. Fourteen books hitting the big screen in 2022… have you read any of them? (camillestyles.com)
6. Have you ever taken an Instagram break? (jessannkirby.com)
7. I messaged Jen last week and asked her about her favorite lunch box solutions + finds as well as ideas for what she packs in her kiddos lunches. She is incredible and turned it into a whole blog post on children’s school lunch gear! It is loaded with great recommendations. (thefashionmagpie.com)
8. 20+ ways to volunteer in Charleston, SC. (custody.6amcity.com)
9. My girlfriend, Kristin Chambless, spilled her all-season entertaining tips with Guest of a Guest. (guestofaguest.com)
10. Everything you need to know: rose medallion 101. (thetraditionallist.com)
11. Eyeing a spring girls trip to NYC? Carly has 5 recs for what you should do! (carlyahill.com)
Shopping & Sales
. Weezie Towels New Year, New Styles Sale is here! They are offering their deepest discount to date – 40% off select Women’s Patterned Robes & Kids’ Cover Ups! Once these styles are gone, they’re gone for good so be sure to take advantage! We have their towels in every bathroom in our house as seen here.
2. My girlfriend Grace just launched the happiest collaboration with beloved blanket brand Chappywrap and it is wonderful! The collection was designed to spark joy via bold, happy colors, and summer memories inspired by Grace’s favorite places, namely her childhood home in Cape Cod. See the cheerful collection for yourself!
3. Have you had your eye on the Venita Aspen x Crosby by Mollie Burch collection that launched late last year? I’m obsessed with the pinks and greens for spring!
4. LAKE Pajamas launched their Valentine’s Day collection of PJs for women, kids, and babies! It is all things sweet and precious for the upcoming holiday.
5. Is anyone a Daphne Wilde fan? I’ve never worn the brand but this housedress looks divine so I’m curious!
With Love from R&R
. The 16 best things I bought on Amazon in 2021 for the home.
2. All about the luncheon I hosted with children’s brand Oso & Me + a 15% off shopping code for you!
3. The 28 best things I bought on Amazon in 2021 for babies.
4. Tips for how to make Valentine’s Day special with a new baby + Valentine’s favorites for babies.
5. The 12 best things I bought on Amazon in 2021 for me.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: The NY Times most popular recipes of 2021, an adorable roundup of shoes for toddler boys, the best celebrity weddings of 2021, creative ideas for activities to do with your kiddos at home, the podcast I’ve been listening to lately, timeless home trends for 2022, mommy and me Valentine’s Day pajamas, the coffee table book in my cart, and more.
7. An ode to Rowan’s first haircut!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites
Photography by Anne Rhett