I barely remember writing Weekend Reads posts because it has been SO long since my last one in the series! It is no secret that I was not a prolific blog writer in 2021 but I’m trying to change that in 2022. As an easy start, I’m going to sprinkle some weekend reads posts into the lineup again. I realistically might not get a Weekend Reads post up every Sunday but I do have fun composing these so hopefully I’ll get them up more often than not!
This weekend has been a lot of fun family time including Rowan’s first haircut! I was so excited at the haircut and got completely emotional when we arrived home. His new hair makes him look like such a big little boy and I just can’t believe how fast he is growing! Today, we have some really exciting plans of going to Home Depot or Lowes to buy a shed. We’re on a roll with all the January projects right now, which feels great! They aren’t all glamorous though, ha.
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.150 complete with the NY Times most popular recipes of 2021, an adorable roundup of shoes for toddler boys, the best celebrity weddings of 2021, creative ideas for activities to do with your kiddos at home, the podcast I’ve been listening to lately, timeless home trends for 2022, mommy and me Valentine’s Day pajamas, the coffee table book in my cart, and more.
My Pajamas (old – similar, similar) / Rowan’s Pajamas (also available in kids) / Quilt
Weekend Reads, No.150
1. NY Times Cooking 50 most popular recipes of 2021. (cooking.nytimes.com)
2. The best home stores in America right now. Excited for Amanda and her Charleston store’s feature! (house beautiful.com)
3. I love these recommendations for shoes for toddler boys. (mackenziehoran.com)
4. The best celebrity weddings of 2021. (blog.overthemoon.com)
5. Practical thoughts on parenting in quarantine or isolation… tons of great ideas for activities with littles in this post for quarantine or regular life. (thefashionmagpie.com)
6. I’ve been listening to this podcast lately and really enjoying the stories of women and how they do it all. (howdshedothatpodcast.com)
7. A big range of healthy recipes for 2022. (halfbakedharvest.com)
8. A fun little interview I did with the Colleen team. (colleen.com)
9. Ten timeless home and design “trends” for 2022. (theplampad.com)
Shopping & Sales
1. Heart eyes for these heart pajamas for the family for Valentine’s Day.
2. I am completely obsessed with this green skirt.
3. My sister-in-law gave Rowan this book when she was in town for his baptism and it has become one of my new favorites to read with R. It is so heartwarming.
4. This dress is almost $200 off and so so beautiful. As seen on my sister here.
5. What I wish I was wearing: these polka dots with these stripes.
6. In my cart!
7. I’m veryyyy into this quilted fleece.
With Love from R&R
1. Lessons I learned in 2021.
2. Five life updates January 2022.
3. Our New England road trip.
4. Rowan’s apple of my eye themed first birthday.
5. Our 4th wedding anniversary getaway.
6. Rowan’s baptism weekend.
7. Rowan’s magical second Christmas.
8. Wishes from our family to yours.