Happy Sunday! It’s been SUCH a fantastic Thanksgiving week. I woke up feeling a bit down today knowing that it is coming to a close because its been so wonderful. It was really special to celebrate Thanksgiving this year with Rowan in our lives. He makes everything brighter! I really loved having a few precious days where my email was quiet and Edwin’s email and Phone (!!!!) were quiet and not filled with work. I truly wish we lived during an era where people had healthier work life balances. And I quite often wonder what the film industry (Edwin’s industry) was like before email and cell phones. I bet it was pretty fantastic. I digress!
And I am counting down until tonight though when we get to watch the finale of The Undoing. Edwin and I have so many theories about who the murderer is! Are you watching? If you haven’t tuned in, I highly recommend watching the show! I hope each one of you had a marvelous Thanksgiving week! Christmas here we come!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 145 complete with Martha Stewart’s ultimate kitchen tips, reflections on miscarriage, beautiful Christmas decoration ideas, a delicious sweet potato recipe, a crucial little holiday shop to have on hand, a guide to painting porcelain plates, the best Thanksgiving episodes to watch, the cutest new place to stay in Charleston, clean lip balms, the surprise Taylor Swift documentary, and more.
Weekend Reads, No.145
1. Martha Stewart reveals her ultimate kitchen tips and tricks. (livetheedit.com)
2. I remember the pain that Meghan describes all too well (my story here). I’m grateful for Rowan every single second of every single day. (nytimes.com)
3. Beautiful Christmas decoration ideas: inspiration from a happy and spirited mix of decked halls, lush garlands, and, of course, trees and trimmings galore. (veranda.com)
4. Dying to make this sweet potato recipe even though Thanksgiving is over. (venitaaspen.com)
5. How creative is this!? How to paint porcelain plates. I love the idea of doing holiday plates. (ashleybrookedesigns.com)
6. I’m obsessed with this post idea and the content in it: The best Thanksgiving episodes to watch. I love the Gossip Girl and Gilmore Girls episodes! (theeverygirl.com)
7. A shop like this is such a great thing to have in your back pocket: a ribbon shop! (etsy.com)
8. We’ve dined at Post House but are dying to check-in for a staycation here in Charleston! Kristin makes it look so beautiful! (colorbyk.com)
9. Have you watched yet!? I’m dying to because I truly loved the album. (vogue.com)
10. The 8 best clean lip balms. Lip balm is my #1 must-have beauty item. (goop.com)
Shopping & Sales
I rounded up the best Black Friday and Cyber Week sales for y’all this week! My post is pretty in-depth and includes lots of practical things we all actually use and need so I included sales from brands like Laundress and Honest. The post is broken down into items for you, littles, and home. I hope you find it helpful when navigating all the sales!
With Love from R&R
1. My FAVORITE gift guide that I write, Gift Guide: Gifts from Small Businesses. There are SO many incurable small business to support this holiday season! Take a peak.
2. I asked a few chef and baker friends to share the best make ahead freezer meals for expectant mothers. Psst, these recipes are delicious even if you aren’t expecting!
3. The happiest of holidays from our house to yours! I’m thankful for y’all!
4. The Cyber Week sales are still alive and well! My complete guide to them is here broken down into 3 main categories.
5. I hope each one of your had a beautiful Thanksgiving! Here’s two peaks at ours: one, two.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: delicious fall recipes to add to your Thanksgiving table, a guide on how to learn how to draw on your iPad, captivating audiobooks to listen to now, a look behind the scenes with the costume director of The Crown, tips for preserving your wedding dress, some of my holiday decor favorites, the perfect sherpa coat, and more!