Happy Sunday! Fall appears to have arrived in Charleston this weekend! It is magical. I’m sure we’ll have some days in the next few weeks where the temperature pops back up a bit before fall sticks around for good but it feels so rejuvenating to know that autumn is creeping in! We have had the loveliest weekend. On top of the delicious weather, the weekend has been filled with lots of other little joys. On Friday evening, Edwin, my sister, my brother, and I went to Zero George for evening drinks before grilling burgers at my parents house for dinner. And on Saturday, I made pumpkin muffins, did things around the house with Edwin, and then went to a little shower for our baby.
I had plans to do a big Charleston baby shower this August or September but, of course, Covid didn’t allow for that. My mom and sister are going to host a sip and see down the road instead but three of my girlfriends insisted we get together to celebrate our bun in the oven. I’m so glad I gave in to them because it was so perfect to spend a few hours with my mom, sister, and about 7 or 8 girlfriends before the baby makes his or her debut. My friends Kristin, Sara, and Annika hosted in Kristin’s backyard with the funniest game, a few light bites, a mouthwatering cake, and a handful of sweet gifts. To my surprise, Edwin popped in with beautiful flowers too! It was low key and lovely! Thank you girls for insisting and taking the reins!
Weekend Reads, No.143
Today, I have a baby shower for my beautiful friend Andrea and then my mom, sister, and I are cooking make-ahead meals this evening that Edwin and I can freeze and eat after the baby arrives! Finally, my family is trying Post House Inn for dinner tonight and I’m so excited to experience the new spot! It is a fun, friends + family filled weekend! Still waiting for baby…!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.143 complete with an art lover’s guide to Paris, how to wear white jeans in the fall, a delicious sounding olive oil cake recipe, tips for getting rid of melasma, two beyond gorgeous southern weddings to swoon over, how to help fire victims and firefighters in California, an ode to the rapid rise of needlepoint, the best Trader Joe’s fall items, a cheers to September babies, and more!
1. How to wear white jeans in the fall. (carlyahill.com)
2. The ultimate art lover’s guide to Paris. (fodors.com)
4. Let’s hear it for September babies! (time.com)
5. Tips for getting rid of melasma in 30 days. (camillestyles.com)
7. How to help fire victims and firefighters in California. (mercurynews.com)
8. Cheers to this: the rapid rise of needlepoint sales during the Covid-19 pandemic. (forbes.com)
9. The best Trader Joe’s fall items out this year… yum! (buzzed.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. At the top of my wish list for fall (I LOVE their shoes – BEYOND comfortable!).
5. I’m intrigued by this new-to-me stain remover for moms! I’m ordering and will report back.
6. A brand new online needlepoint shop just launched this week and there are a handful of cute canvases and needlepoint accessories.
7. My girlfriend Laura just launched a gorgeous print shop. She has beautiful collections like “By The Sea,” “Southern Living,” and “Fleurs.”
8. These personalized address stickers are beyond cute and extremely convenient!
With Love from R&R:
1. So excited to share a special post this week… my dad wrote a book!
2. I spilled everything about our relaxing babymoon in North Carolina.
3. The new fall collection that’s making me so excited for the changing of the seasons.
4. The cutest mules under $100 for fall.
5. A book back at a dreamy old post… Aerin Lauder’s gorgeous Hamptons House.
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: how to thrive after having a baby, the most beautiful national park lodges in the US, a website that matches books to read with destinations, how to plan out your weeks for success, beautiful pre-fall favorites from Sezane, register to vote in 1 minute, the most inspiration place on Instagram right now, the best boots I bought last fall are back, and more!