Happy Sunday! It’s a happy weekend for us because Edwin got home last night after being gone for two weeks on location for a shoot. The dogs and I are SO happy he’s home! There were days when this two week stretch of being apart felt very manageable and days when it felt like an eternity. Either way, it’s so good to have him home! All I want to do this week is go on walks and go to the pool with Edwin so fingers crossed that is in our future.
In other news, it was another nice but pretty uneventful weekend at home. I did have a great acupuncture session and went on a really fun, long walk with Kristin. It’s the little things these days! Edwin and I are interviewing two pediatricians this coming week and starting our at-home birthing classes. I’m really excited for all of the baby prep because it just brings us closer to the arrival of our little one next month! I hope you have a beautiful Sunday and a happy week ahead!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No.140 complete with a creative push to encourage you to vote, infertile influencers open up, books to read if you love the royals, the most influential women of the last century since the signing of the 19th amendment, the most inspired new New England brand that just launched, the sad reality in New York City (and so many cities) right now, the cutest earrings ever, the vintage store I’m dying to visit in Kennebunkport, and more.
P.S. I’m wearing the most comfortable dress below – perfect for hot summer walks! – and classic sneakers. I’ve become a massive fan of this dress brand. It’s just that comfortable!
Weekend Reads, No.140
1. I adore Kennebunkport and am dying to go back so I can visit Seacraft Vintage. (stacieflinner.com)
2. I love Annabelle so I enjoyed every minute of this read. (fenimorelane.com)
3. This might be the most creative and inspired concept to encourage people to vote! Jenn is always a visionary. (stylecharade.com)
4. Infertile influencers open up… I commend these women so much! (paularallis.com)
5. This makes me so sad for New York City! It’s been crushing to see it happen here in Charleston too (and I know everywhere!) as these independent restaurants make up so much of the fabric of our cities. (grubstreet.com)
6. Nine essential books to read if you love the royals. (theskimm.com)
7. How to prune hydrangeas. (marthastewart.com)
8. To commemorate the anniversary of the 19th amendment, the USA Today put together this incredible roundup of women of the century. I found it so fascinating to read about women state by state. (usatoday.com)
Shopping & Sales
1. This nightgown is so dreamy and so affordable. Need!
2. I saw this flower vase this week and I flipped for it! It’s so gorgeous.
3. I’m so excited about the launch of The Golden Cod! Such an inspired new brand from New England. I loved learning about the history of cod fishing in New England.
4. This trunkshow is full of such timeless, beautiful pieces!
5. The chicest way to keep your hair off your face this summer is with this shell headband.
6. Four fresh white cabbage / lettuce ware pieces to get your hands on: one // two // three // four.
7. These are the cutest earrings ever! These are also pretty gorgeous… I love the green.
8. When you’re not in the Hamptons this summer but wish you were.
With Love from R&R
1. My favorites that I recommend from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale… I broke down five categories of must-haves!
2. Where to buy bamboo flatware.
3. A roundup of cheery colorful summer outfits. Keep your closet inspired this season!
4. Just because I’m not drinking this summer, doesn’t mean you don’t have to be sipping away!
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the best tips for Instagram reels, a gorgeous “Amalfi on the Chesapeake” inspired wedding, steps to start your own blog, focaccia four ways, perfect summer 2020 beach reads, a summer flower personality test, the new cookbook I’m dying to get my hands on, an online destination to shop curated vintage art, and more!
Uncle Boons was one of our favorite downtown restaurants! We are so sad that it is closing permanently. It was such a unique place with outstanding food and a super place to take out of town friends. I’m praying for a vaccine to help return our city to normal, so everyone can enjoy what makes NYC the best!!!
Ohhhh this makes me so sad to hear!! We’ve had similarly sentimental places close here in Charleston… so heartbreaking! Agreed, praying for a vaccine and a brighter future! xoxo