Happy Sunday! It’s been a really nice weekend in Charleston! Edwin and I did some work but also managed to sneak away to the beach to enjoy last night’s sunset. One of my favorite things about living in Charleston is our close proximity to the beach so it was a wonderful way to pass a Saturday night. I also made a list this weekend of “life projects” I want to accomplish before the baby arrives in September. This week, I intended to start chipping away at the list… feeling optimistic and motivated! Hmmm, what else? Honestly not much.
Due to Covid and me being in the third trimester, we honestly aren’t up to too much or leaving the house a ton. The bright side is that it will give me solid time to work on my life projects! I hope each one of your has a beautiful Sunday! Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 138 complete with the best apartment in New York City, a guide to tying the knot in your backyard, 15 Charleston black bloggers to follow, how to create your own 101 in 1001 list, ideas for creating family traditions, the most beautiful active outdoor vacations, a guide to creating a non-toxic nursery, a new-to-me artist I’m obsessed with, Nantucket made candles, a huge sale with my top picks, and more.
Weekend Reads, No.138:
1. My girlfriend Nan has the best apartment in New York City! Would you agree?! (simplyelegantblog.com)
2. A guide to tying the knot in your backyard. (overthemoon.com)
3. Fifteen Charleston black bloggers to follow on social media. (postandcourier.com)
4. I always love Mackenzie’s 101 in 1001 lists including her newest one here! (mackenziehoran.com)
5. In light of starting a family, I loved this post on family traditions… there are so many fun ideas in the comments! (cupofjo.com)
6. I can’t get enough of Stacie’s living room in her New York City apartment. It is so well done! (stacieflinner.com)
7. These trips look like a dream… United States bike tours. The Vermont and Aspen trips look incredible. (duvine.com)
8. My girlfriend Lauren (who founded Dora Maar) was just interviewed on the Fleuri blog and it’s a must-read! (shopfleuri.com)
9. I’m just dying to visit Watch Hill, RI! Lauren’s photos make me want to go even more. (lauren-nelson.com)
10. A guide to creating a nontoxic nursery. (Kellyleveque.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I just discovered this artist and am in love with her Charleston oil paintings. I adore this scene of Sullivan’s Island, this Lowcountry sunset, this scene of St. Micheal’s Church & crepe myrtle, this sailing scene, and this depiction of white azaleas.
2. I’m currently obsessed with the bundle sets by Lake! Such a smart concept! They are available in French Blue, Hydrangea, and Lavender.
3. Just ordered candles from this new-to-me Nantucket candle company, Grey Lady Candles. They are 100% natural and portions of profits go to support on-island preservation.
4. This dress looks like it could be a LoveShackFancy dress but not nearly as expensive.
5. Have I been living under a rock!? I just discovered Mainly Baskets and now have a new furniture obsession.
6. One of my best girlfriends just launched her website for her custom jewelry! She makes the CUTEST stacks for you and your littles too!
7. Shopbop just added 1000+ new items to it’s sale! I love these dresses: one // two // three // four // five. These tops: one // two // three. These purses: one // two // three // four. These shoes: one // two // three.
8. Four pairs of espadrilles I’m obsessed with: one // two // three // four.
With Love from R&R:
1. How we’re creating memories this summer at home.
2. My top recommended belly oils for pregnancy.
3. Celebrating long sunny summer days on the porch.
4. Summer BBQ outfit ideas… lots of style inspiration!
5. Books I read in May, June, and July + the current beach read I’m reading and loving!
6. I was tickled with joy this week to be featured on the Juliska blog!
7. Last week’s Weekend Reads: Kate Middleton’s favorite childrenswear brands, the recipe for Ben & Jerry’s edible cookie dough, tips and tricks for how to create a mood board, the best luxury ranches in North America, a major resort wear sale, a new must-listen-to podcast from my friend Venita, my favorite food blogger’s 30 most popular summer recipes, reasons why Michigan looks like a vacation paradise in the summer, the rise of Mary-Kate and Ashley, and a new-to-me workout brand.