Happy Sunday! I’m excited about today because Edwin has been out of town this week for work and he is home today. I can’t wait to pick him up from the airport! Otherwise, I’ve had a pretty productive weekend at home that has involved a bit of work, laundry, thank you notes, and time spent reading. I also snuck in some pool time with my parents, which was the perfect way to beat the summer heat! There are things about this summer that I really miss like our annual trips to Jackson Hole with family and to visit my aunt and uncle in Sag Harbor but I’m also enjoying quiet time at home.
This definitely might be in part due to the fact that I’m cruising along in my third trimester but I’m definitely embracing the slowness and stillness while still trying to stay motivated and inspired. How about you? Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 137 complete with Kate Middleton’s favorite childrenswear brands, the recipe for Ben & Jerry’s edible cookie dough, tips and tricks for how to create a mood board, the best luxury ranches in North America, a major resort wear sale, a new must-listen-to podcast from my friend Venita, my favorite food blogger’s 30 most popular summer recipes, reasons why Michigan looks like a vacation paradise in the summer, the rise of Mary-Kate and Ashley, and a new-to-me workout brand.
P.S. If you live in Charleston, my flowers in these photos are from Salt & Stem, the wandering flower truck.
Weekend Reads, No.137
1. Kate Middleton’s favorite childrenswear brands… her little royals are just too cute! (overthemoon.com)
2. Stop traffic, Ben & Jerry’s shared their edible cookie dough recipe (that’s safe to eat)! It has only 7 ingredients and takes only 15 minutes to make… I’ll be making this the rest of the summer. (benejerry.com)
3. Lots of inspiration coming from this creative concept post: how to create a mood board. (cedarandrush.com)
4. Can I check into every single one please!? We’ve been to two of these luxury ranches and I now want to visit them all. (seatocitytravels.com)
5. So happy to hear that Jen recovered from Covid. I read her blog every single day without fail! (thefashionmagpie.com)
6. Excited about this new podcast, Group Chat realness, from Venita Aspen and Sophie Gold. These ladies are powerhouses!
7. The ascension of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen: how the twins went from Full House to fashion royalty… a fascinating read for all of us who grew up loving these two. (townandcountrymag.com)
8. Twenty-three binge-worthy podcasts for your summer road trip. (theeverygirl.com)
9. Carly is seriously making me want to visit Northern Michigan! It looks like a dream. She spilled her top 10 things to do in Northern Michigan in the summer. (carlyahill.com)
10. The 30 most popular easy summer recipes from my favorite food blogger. (halfbakedharvest.com)
Shopping & Sales
1. One of my favorite brands, Persifor, is having a major end of season sale and offering 50% off site wide + up to 70% off last season’s styles. This sale is literally too good to pass up! I adore the Clare Dress (as seen on me here), the Anna dress (as seen on me here), the Louise Dress (as seen on me here and here), and the Margot Dress (as seen on me here)! I also love the Winpenny dress, the Clementine Dress, and the Stella Top.
2. This adorable crochet-trimmed dress is on MAJOR sale and still available in all sizes.
3. I just discovered this new-to-me workout brand, Addison Bay. They have the cutest leggings.
4. So cute and around or under $100: tiered eyelet dress // jean shorts with the perfect length // jute trim sneakers // puff sleeve dress // ruffle swimsuit // off the shoulder dress.
5. I found the cutest nautical needlepoint shop. How cute is this Nantucket canvas?
6. Attention, attention! John Derian is having a huge decoupage sale. Yes, please!
7. Thanks to the power of Instagram, I discovered a new sea shell store in Florida that ships!
With Love from R&R
1. What I wore on Nantucket with links to everything!
2. Pregnancy keepsake ideas to remember the beautiful, fleeting moments of pregnancy and of having a newborn (psst, many double as push presents or as thoughtful gifts for expectant mothers).
3. A complete guide for how to wear a gingham dress including gingham dress outfit ideas and my top style choices for fashionable outfits with gingham prints.
4. My favorite sunny yellow summer picks including dresses, tops, and accessories.
5. How to wear a denim jacket in summer + 7 denim jacket outfit ideas that you already have in your closet.
6. Shop some of my go-to dresses on sale right now with 50%-70% off! I spilled on why each of the four dresses I profiled is a closet staple of mine and why you’ll love each one in your wardrobe.
7. Last week’s Weekend Reads: tips for how to cook like you’re in the French countryside, 5 iced coffee recipes to try this summer, the beach read sequel I’m so excited to read, clean beauty summer haircare products, a breakdown of the BBG workout, the top 100 hotels in the world, what to read this summer, a gorgeous island-inspired tabletop collection, and more!
We miss you guys so much! So little time until baby Eversole!
We miss you so much back!! Can’t wait for you to meet Baby Eversole! xoxoxo