Happy Sunday! I feel so fortunate to have had a wonderfully rejuvenating, inspiring, and safe week away on Nantucket. I stayed with three girlfriends (Sara, Kristin, and Andrea) at our girlfriend Meredith’s house on island in Sconset and it was a dream. And I came home feeling so filled up by my time on the island and time with girlfriends. Now, I’m overjoyed to be reunited with Edwin and our pups! On Nantucket, we spent the majority of our time outside on walks and on the beach. It was definitely different there this summer with the nature of the world but it is everywhere.
I was just grateful to have the opportunity to take the trip in a safe way. With the exception of hopefully a babymoon soon to somewhere where we can drive, I don’t know the next time I’ll leave Charleston. I’m getting farther and farther along in my pregnancy and then we will have a newborn so flying won’t be at the top of our list with Covid. For that reason, I didn’t let a moment of this trip go to waste or go by under appreciated. I hope everyone is having a safe and inspired Sunday!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads, No. 136 complete with tips for how to cook like you’re in the French countryside, 5 iced coffee recipes to try this summer, the beach read sequel I’m so excited to read, clean beauty summer haircare products, a breakdown of the BBG workout, the top 100 hotels in the world, what to read this summer, a gorgeous island-inspired tabletop collection, and more!
P.S. My dress is the most comfortable flowy dress in the world! It is technically maternity but it works wonderfully without a bump too. I’ll keep wearing it after this pregnancy.
Weekend Reads No.136
1. I learned about a new organization this week called Helping Hands. They are a non-profit organization created to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. How so? Helping Hands connects those who are most at-risk with able-bodied volunteers (for free!) who can safely deliver critical items and provide various forms of assistance — all over the country. I thought it was pretty neat and absolutely worth a share! (helping hands.community)
2. I love this interview with the two lovely ladies behind Margaux! I can tell you that these two are just as wonderful in person. (weezietowels.com/blog)
3. How to cook like you’re in the French countryside. (coveteur.com)
4. I love all of Natalie’s recommendations for weekend style in this little interview! The Nat Note is one of my Monday must-reads every single week in my inbox… I highly recommend you subscribe! (jmclaughlin.com)
5. Five iced coffee recipes to try this summer. (helloadamsfamily.com)
6. Clean beauty summer hair care products to use all summer long. (jessannkirby.com)
7. Have you ever wanted to do BBG? This post breaks down everything you’d ever want to know before taking the workout plunge! (witwhimsy.com)
8. It’s here: Travel & Leisure’s Top 100 Hotels in the World. (travelandleisure.com)
9. So very excited for Elisabeth and her growing little family! (elisabethandbutter.com)
10. What to read this summer. (thefashionmagpie.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. The cutest face masks I ever did see! I adore the embroidery and the liberty prints.
2. Do you have block print fever? Head to this collection!
3. SO excited about this sequel! Did you read the first book in the series?
4. These bamboo placecard holders are way too cute.
5. The dreamiest nightgown, swoon.
6. The most gorgeous island inspired tabletop collection was released on Friday!
7. This floral dress is so adorable and under $32.
8. Pretty in pink: one // two // three // four // five // six.
With Love From R&R:
1. Did y’all know that you can help me with this business immensely!? If you take all of two minutes to fill out a testimonial for me at this link, it would mean the world! It is an asset I can show brands that helps me secure partnerships I know y’all will love (which also keeps this blog afloat)! Thank you, thank you!
2. Hydrangea obsessed.
3. My first trimester recap including the day we found out we were pregnant, my first trimester emotional rollercoaster, the symptoms I experienced, the pits and peaks of the 12 weeks, and a first trimester Q&A.
4. The best time to visit Jackson Hole and what to do on a trip each season of the year.
5. Last week’s Weekend Reads: summer drinks without alcohol, an honest look at what egg freezing looks like, delicious peach recipes to savor this summer, how grandmillennial style brings traditional and peaceful decor into a home, a wonderful California hotel guide, black bridal professionals and wedding vendors you need to know about, two coffee table books I preordered this week & can’t wait for, a guide to shopping online auctions, delicious lobster roll kits, and more!
6. A daily dose of Nantucket.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photography by Andrea Kinnear