Happy Sunday! It’s been another glorious spring weekend in Charleston! Our weather just can’t be beat right now, although I know summer is coming. Yesterday, Edwin and I loaded our bikes up in the car and headed to Sullivan’s Island for the day. We got takeout tuna sandwiches and potato chips from the Co-Op, gelato from Beardcats, went on a long bike ride around the island, and finished the day with a little beach time and a dip in the ocean.
It was all around a great day. It made me appreciate how fortunate we are to live in Charleston (for so many reasons!) because that was a perfect Saturday to us that we’d do during Coronavirus or not. It’s really nice having the beaches open again and so easy to go for beach walks and socially distance from people! As the the US starts to open up again, we’re taking it one step at a time. We don’t feel any rush to eat at a restaurant but it sure is wonderful to be able to go to the beach. Did any of you spend the weekend outdoors as well?
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.130 complete with an interview with Amanda Lindroth that will make you want to jet to the Bahamas, pantry + kitchen organization ideas, 30 artists to know, how to press flowers, the most perfect home tour, the impact of COVID-19 on the wedding industry, how to virtually visit Paris for a day, the sweetest birth story, and more!
Weekend Reads No.130
1. I love this interview with one of my favorite designers (and now furniture designers!), Amanda Lindroth. Gosh, it’s making me dream of the Bahamas. (chairish.com/blog)
2. I love these two posts on pantry and kitchen storage and organization! Making me feel inspired. (stylecharade.com and galmeetsglam.com)
3. Thirty artists to know and follow. (lcbstyle.com)
4. Thoughts on experiencing grief for the littlest of life’s happy moments during COVID-19… so very well said. (thefashionmagpie.com)
5. How to press flowers: a guide for beginners. (goodhousekeeping.com)
6. To me, you are perfect. (housebeautiful.com)
7. I devoured this interview with Alexandra Macon of Over the Moon. She spills on her favorite travel destinations, the wedding trends she loves, how COVID-19 impacted the wedding industry, and more. (glimpseguides.com)
8. The best teen dramas from the last twenty years! #’s 2, 3, and 12 are my faves! I have to admit, I haven’t even heard of some of the newer ones, except for Outer Banks, of course (I don’t watch tons of tv)! (glamour.com)
9. How to have a virtual visit to Paris for a day! Feeling so inspired by this post! (witwhimsy.com)
10. So so so thrilled for my girlfriend Carly on her new venture! She is a force! Congrats Carly! (carlyahill.com)
11. Jenny’s birth story is so sweet! I couldn’t help but cry reading her story. (margoandme.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Really into this color palette: one, two, three, four, five.
2. These floor pillows are so cute and almost $100 off! I think we need two of these in the chambray stripe for our side porch.
3. Congrats to Blair on her beyond adorable collaboration with Janie and Jack! The entire limited edition kids collection is a dream!
4. Old Whaling Co. launched a new scent, Island Punch, that is just screaming out summer! The salt scrub sounds divine.
5. After I shared my post on the best games to play at home, a reader sent in this game that I’ve never heard of, Mexican Train Dominos. Sounds so fun so I had to share!
6. Alice & Olivia is having a huge sample sale with major discounts. I spied a few cute items like this denim dress, this shift dress, this flutter sleeve dress, this wrap mini dress, and this floral midi dress.
7. The cutest face masks are back in stock!
With Love from R&R:
1. The best games to play at home + what’s keeping us entertained.
2. A guide to natural deodorants + all the reasons why it’s a great idea to switch from conventional to natural deodorant.
3. Last week’s Weekend Reads: 11 links dedicated to mothers, motherhood, and Mother’s Day. A few of these articles brought me to tears so I hope they resonated with you and touched you as much as they touched me.
Thank you so much for including my post, J! Hope you’ve had a good weekend!
Of course! Such a wonderful post! I hope you do too! xx