Happy Sunday loves! Another week at home comes to a close today. How are y’all feeling? This might sound crazy but I actually feel like this past week I’ve been doing better with staying at home. I got a major wave of motivation and have spent time everyday organizing my digital life (Dropbox, the Cloud, my folder, my photos, etc.) and my filing system among other things. Who knows how I will be feeling at the end of this coming week but, for now, I’m grateful to have been inspired to take a deep dive into some life projects.
Edwin and I obviously don’t have kids so I can only imagine how challenging staying home is on parents and children right now. I was a second grade and Kindergarten teacher so it isn’t unimaginable to me what y’all are going through. I’m thinking of you guys! Overall, I’m sending out lots of love and positivity into the world and to each one of you! Hugs!
Keep reading for my Weekend Reads No.124 complete with shows with more than 100 episodes you can stream, friends sharing their favorite books, lemon shortbread bars that are perfect for an Easter brunch at home, 30 southern heroes, what it’s like to be single during a global pandemic, the new show I’m watching (& recommend for you too!), the biscuits I’m dying to make, creative activities to do at home with kids, brands to shop that are donating a percentage of sales to help during COVID-19, and more!
Weekend Reads No.124
1. 39 shows with more than 100 episodes that you can stream right now. (bustle.com)
2. Did you read and are you watching? I did and am + I’m enjoying the show! (hulu.com)
3. I love this post idea… Carly asked her friends to share their favorite books! Lots of books I love on this list. I might have to do a similar post one day! (carlytheprepster.com)
4. These two beautiful roundups made me smile this week: reading / viewing. (evelynhenson.com)
5. Two carb-y recipes I want to attempt: chocolate chunk coconut banana bread and sour cream + onion biscuits. (haldbakedharvest.com & bonappetit.com)
6. Parents at home with kids… did you know that Dixie Design is posting daily creative activities for kids to do while home from school? They are super cute! (dixie-design.com)
7. Thirty southern heroes… From conservationists to cultural champions to preservationists to storytellers, these groundbreakers are making the South a better place. (gardenandgun.com)
8. Lemon shortbread bars… these look divine for an Easter brunch at home. (elisabethandbutter.com).
9. What it’s like to be single during a global pandemic – and why it doesn’t (but does) matter. (theeverygirl.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Did you see my roundup of AMAZING weekend sales happening right now!?
2. Molly Moorkamp’s spring collection is just dreamy! I love this skirt, this shirtdress, and this trellis print dress.
3. Two affordable pairs of raffia statement earrings: one // two.
4. Persifor is offering 25% off with code BRIGHT25. This dress is to die for (also, this is one of my me fave small businesses so give them some love!).
5. My girlfriend Chassity and her daughter launched the most adorable new line of soaps for kiddos called Sohp Shop! Each soap has a surprise toy inside so children are encouraged to wash their hands a lot to get to the surprise. Plus, the soaps have no parabens, phthalates, SLS/SLES, or sulfates.
6. Sezane is donated 10% of all sales to the Emergency Aid Fund for the Foundation of French Hospitals… I’m shopping retailers who are giving back! P.S. this top is gorgeous!
7. Through April 15th, Margaux is donating 10% of all sales to support health workers fighting COVID-19. Snag these espadrilles and help out!
8. I ran out of body lotion so I decided it was a good time to try a new one! I ordered the 1 oz sizes of these two lotions to see if I love either of them: light, fresh citrus scent and lavender milk.
9. Tuckernuck is offering 20% off sitewide with code tnuck20. I adore this stripe dress, this floral dress, this sherbet colored blouse, these sunnies, these blue & white earrings, and these simple sandals.
10. Cute and cozy for spring… this is another wonderful small business to support!
With Love from R&R:
1. My take on Coronavirus including lots of ways and people you can help (in big and small ways!). I’ve updated the post with new information since originally sharing it so give it a peak.
2. A few Coronavirus weekend sales that are too good to miss!
3. My favorite jewelry designers for unique jewelry.
4. Wearing two of my favorite Charleston-based fashion brands to support local small businesses during this unsettling time.
5. Thinking about this is bringing me lots of simple joy!
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: tropical getaways to take with kids, the best supplements to boost your skin, where & when to see the best Charleston blooms, a brave mother’s story standing up for her son, Easter tablescapes in a box, the desk I have my eye on, every state’s favorite & least favorite state, an interview with one of needlepoint’s wondergals, & more!
Thank you for being such a bright and positive light. I look forward to hearing from you via your blog and Instagram during these mad times we are living through! I’d just like to note here that I’d love to hear some of your tips for digital organizing. It is something that has long been on my to-do list but I have no idea where to start!
Hi Marisa! I can’t tell you how thankful I am for you sweet + supportive comment!! It means so much! I am so glad you are enjoying my posts right now! That is a great idea! I can definitely do a post on that!! Stay tuned! Thank you for reading/following! xx