Happy Sunday! It’s been quite a while since my last Weekend Reads post. I’m writing to you from Charleston where we’ve enjoyed a beautiful weekend at home. Charleston could not be more glorious right now and this weekend has reminded me of how fortunate we are to call Charleston home. Edwin was home this weekend between two travel jobs this week and last so it was wonderful having a few days together! We tried a new tapas restaurant in Charleston last night, Estadio, which we really enjoyed! I rolled my ankle on a run yesterday but all it all its been a great weekend so far! Are any of you leaf peeping this weekend?! I’ve been loving following along with New England fall thanks to Abby, Aubrey, Julia, Jackie, Briana, and Sarah.
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and keep reading for my Weekend Read No.109 complete with thoughts on why reading is so good for you, a delicious caramel apple cupcake recipe, a roundup of Trader Joe’s best fall items, a beautiful guide to Montecito, 6 must-know rules for entertaining, an interview with Over the Moon’s Alexandra Macon, festive fall cocktail napkins that aren’t kitschy, and more from Weekend Read No.109!
Weekend Read No. 109:
1. If you haven’t read this article yet, then read it now. I couldn’t identify with it more and I know some of y’all will too! (housebeautiful.com)
2. Why reading is so good for you. P.S. if you need book recommendations, then head here! (positiveprescription.com)
3. The fall always makes me excited to bake (more so than any other season!) so I keep an eye out for new recipes to try. I just pinned this caramel apple cupcake recipe to bake soon! (theblondielocks.com)
4. Speaking of fall cooking, don’t miss this roundup of the best Trader Joe’s fall arrivals. (theeverygirl.com)
5. Seriously swooning over this Upper East Side apartment. Can we talk about the wet bar!? (domino.com)
6. I’m obsessed with this wonderful guide to Montecito! Saving it for reference for when we head to a wedding in Santa Barbara next May. (www.jennikayne.com)
7. The next time I find myself in Dallas, I can’t wait to visit this shop! Stacie captured it so beautifully. (stacieflinner.com)
8. I read Over the Moon every week so this interview with its founder, Alexandra Macon, made me smile. (indiaamory.com)
9. Six rules for entertaining from tablescape pro, Lucy Cuneo. (veranda.com)
10. Loving every recommendation on this guide to Charlottesville, Virginia. (galmeetsglam.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. I love the idea of having specialty cocktail napkins for each season. These cocktail napkins are chic and color-coordinated for fall: one, two, three, and four.
2. Could this sweater be any cuter?
3. I’m having a moment with these adorable pumpkins: one, two, three. They provide an affordable and chic way to decorate for fall.
4. Have you seen the Margaux x Gal Meets Glam Collection shoe collaboration!? I absolutely love these velvet loafers. Speaking of GMG Collection, I can’t get enough of this green dress from the brand’s new release!
5. The sleeves of this coat are so darn cute and it’s only $100.
6. J.Crew is offering 40% off this weekend with code… trust me, this fleece half-zip is amazing. Also, this leopard dress is oh so chic.
With Love from R&R:
1. A fall wedding guest dress guide including dresses for casual, cocktail, and black tie events.
2. How to stay positive when your significant other travels for work.
3. Attention travel bugs! My Edgartown travel guide.
4. Twenty-five things you don’t know about me.
5. My summer reading guide 2019… enjoy book worms!
6. Tips for how to get out of your own head.
7. Long distance friendship gifts for every occasion!
8. Two Nantucket posts for my New England readers: my top 15 restaurants on Nantucket and the 9 best beaches on Nantucket.
9. Looking back on two years in Charleston.
10. What to wear apple picking… festive outfit ideas and perfect autumn wardrobe pieces.
11. Weekend Reads, No 108: the best outdoor bars in NYC & Brooklyn, über talented wedding illustrators to know, pretty pink outfit ideas, a holiday shop I can’t wait for, a fun photographic history quiz, a must-try simple zucchini parmesan pasta, a great Aspen travel guide, and more!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: Anne Rhett Photography as seen here