I’m at day 2 of a blogging workshop thrown by The Bloguettes today in Los Angeles (it’s actually 3 days long but I couldn’t attend day 1 because of work) and my head is just full of new things I’m learning and new ideas I have for R&R. Before beginning the workshop on Saturday morning, I started the weekend off with my girlfriends on Friday night at our monthly supper club (more on how to start your own supper club group here). I was so happy yesterday because all my football teams won including the Buffs (I teared up when they did!). If you’re enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, then take a moment to browse through my weekend reads below. I’ve got articles on engagement rings, healthy lifestyles, and Southern artists + some of the best weekend sales and my favorite shopping finds of the week.
1. My best friend, Allison, did a wonderful interview on one of my daily reads, Bungalow 1. It’s a must read (so is the interview I did with Allison!). (bugalow1.com)
2. What to do when you hit a healthy lifestyle plateau. (theeverygirl.com)
3. The 6 big mistakes to avoid when buying an engagement ring. (vogue.com)
4. Three fruits that won’t give your a sugar spike. (wellandgood.com)
5. A sweet tea recipe round-up. (southernweddings.com)
6. Ten southern artists to love. (waitingonmarth.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Did I order these designer knockoff drop earrings? Yup!
2. This flare dress is perfect for fall and will look great with tights.
3. All my jewelry lovers out there listen up! Bauble Bar is offering 25% off sitewide with code YESPLEASE for their Friends & Family sale.
4. How yummy does this throw blanket look?
5. Anthropologie is offering an extra 30% off sale items! P.S. Anthro has the best fall pieces… I want so much!
6. The Loft is offering 40% off everything with code SHOPSMART.
7. For the next week (through Oct. 3rd), Intermix is having a huge sale by offering: spend $400+ to save 15%, spend $1000+ to save 20%, and spend $2500+ to save 25%.
With Love From R&R:
1. I’m tickled to share that I was featured in AOL’s Lifestyle Collective Fall Magazine (see pages 8 and 9!).
2. It’s almost Bean Boots season y’all! I wrote a whole post on everything you need to know about buying Bean Boots (height, warmth, sizing, color and, how to style them) and why you need to buy them NOW.
3. New outfit alert: what to wear for a fall weekend getaway.
4. Plaid shirts to kick off autumn.
5. A glimpse at my life lately.
6. I celebrated the last day of summer in style!
7. Last weekend, I went to Oxford, Mississippi for the Ole Miss Alabama game! You’re in luck if you’re heading to any college football games this year because I wrote a post about what to wear to college game day.
8. Los Angeles looking good.
9. Last week’s Weekend Reads: love your body, slow cooker recipes, hormonal breakouts, an airy California home, and more.
A Few Of This Week’s Favorites:
Thank you for sharing my interview with Allison – both of you ladies are so inspiring!
YAY! Of course!! Love ya!! XO, Jillian