Busy, fun, busy, fun! That’s what I have to say about this week! I got home from my wedding planning trip to Charleston (and a little visit to Savannah) two Sundays ago and immediately took off for Colorado the next morning. Edwin and I started our Colorado trip on Monday in Boulder when we stayed at my best friend’s house for the night. I went to Boulder for college so I love bringing Edwin back there and showing him new places. This time, we hiking Mt. Sanitas, did drinks al fresco at the St. Julien while listening to live music, and had a delicious meal at The Kitchen. We woke up bright and early on Tuesday morning, got smoothies and hit the road for Keystone where we met friends for the Fourth of July! On Wednesday we headed to Vail for one of my best friend’s wedding. She surprised the bridesmaids on Wednesday with horseback riding, which was so special and fun! On Thursday we enjoyed the town to Vail and had the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and welcome party that evening/night. Friday was the wedding! Let me just say, it was one heck of a wedding! Every time I am fortunate enough to stand by one of my best friends while they marry the person on their dreams, I am brought to happy tears! Since the wedding was on Friday, we had all day yesterday with friends to hike and play. It felt like college and I cherished every minute of it! On Sunday morning, Edwin and I drove to Crested Butte for the last leg of our Colorado trip. Edwin’s birthday was on Tuesday and we have somehow been a part for his last three birthdays. So, this year, I surprised him with the Crested Butte leg of our trip. We hiked, fished, paddle boarded, ate lots of yummy meals, went to an outdoor concert, and enjoyed the mountain air. We got back to Los Angeles just in time for me to fly off to Nantucket with Allison on Friday! We’re here until Tuesday when we head to Sag Harbor! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Enjoy my Weekend Reads. xx
1. Who is working on their summer bod (wedding bod for me)!? My best friend wrote this post on a 30-day abs challenge! I’m in! (LaurenConrad.com)
2. How different foods really affect your skin. (CamilleStyles.com)
3. The surprising thing people talk about most in therapy. (journal.thriveglobal.com)
4. Career goals for any girl interested in the bridal industry. (theeverygirl.com)
5. The truth about food expiration dates. (goop.com)
6. Yup this food will affect your skin (see #2) but still had to share… copycat shake shack burgers. (acozykitchen.com)
Shopping & Sales, Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Beauty Edition:
1. The Nordstrom sale has so many amazing beauty items including this candle set from one of my favorite candle companies.
3. If you need a new lip color for the end of summer or early fall then I highly suggest this lip stunner.
4. The best sunscreen in the world. I totally got on board with this brand this spring after my girlfriend turned me on to it.
5. I want to try this blush!
6. I 100% recommend this brush set! It’s always a good idea to refresh your beauty brushes.
7. There is no better time than this sale to invest in great hot tools for your hair. Grab this blow dryer and this curling iron. Both are amazing if I do say so myself. P.S. I use this dry shampoo all the time.
With Love From R&R:
2. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here!! I shared my first guide to the sale so head on over to Nordy to shop all the best fall styles on major discount!
3. Denim is a summer staple so I created a Guide for Summer Denim!
4. Did someone say beach read!? My Summer Reading Guide is out and full of SO many incredible books that you just have to read!
5. Tropical prints are having a moment this summer!
8. Last week’s Weekend Reads: peach white wine slushies, staying in is the new going out, 8 clean beauty brands, and more.
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph by Jessi Burrone