Happy Monday from New York City! Since it’s a long weekend, I thought it was still appropriate to post my Weekend Reads series even though it’s Monday. It has been so magical and beautiful in New York this weekend! I can’t believe the gorgeous 60-degree weather after the insane weather the city got last weekend. Yesterday, I wore a top and a trench coat (on sale!) out all day and I was happy as a clam! A few of my girlfriends and I have turned New York for President’s Weekend into an annual girls’ trip and my what a fun girls’ trip it has been. We started the weekend with dinner at Lafayette and then we did a little bar hopping around the West Village. Saturday, we did brunch at the cutest new West Village spot called While We Were Young. It’s Heaven if you’re a pink and blue lover! We then met up with a larger group and had a grand old time at The Standard East Village sipping and snacking in one of their winter yurts. From there, we just went where the day/night took us! On Sunday, we feasted at another brunch at Tiny’s and then just enjoyed the city before dinner at Flex Mussels. At the top of my NYC to-do list was visiting the Mansur Gavriel pop-up shop so that was fun to see yesterday. I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend… no work today, yay! I’m also dying to watch Big Little Lies on HBO when I get back to LA. I love Liane Moriarty’s books. P.S. there are so many President’s Weekend sales going on so be sure to scroll down for the best discounts (hint: Nordstrom!). Xx
Outfit originally appeared here / Sweater (old – similar) /Skirt (old – similar) / Shoes (similar, similar, also love these three styles: one, two, three) / Bracelet (old – similar)
1. Quick and easy dinners that only require 5 ingredients. (acupofjo.com)
2. I love this idea for an Academy Awards party! P.S. the Oscars are a week from yesterday. (cupcakesandcashmere.com)
3. How many of the top 10 museums in the world have you been to? I’ve been to 6! (veranda.com)
4. The best wedding shoes for every type of bride. (thecoveteur.com)
5. A very big, helpful post about how to be successful at blogging. (thestripe.com)
6. Avoid getting sick this season with these homemade ginger shots. (becauseimaddicted.net)
7. Inside the Mansur Gavriel studio (aka some of my favorite bags). (nytimes.com)
8. Thanks to Kelly, I eat a lot of fat… the healthy kind! Here are 10 facts about why you should be eating fats. (thenewpotato.com)
9. Three very different Vogue weddings I’ve loved lately: A timeless Connecticut wedding, a party for the ages in Columbia, and a dazzling Italian affair.
10. Movies that will make you want to travel. (saltandwind.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. It’s here! Nordstrom is having their Winter Clearance Event and offering 40% off. This is a major sale that you’ll kick yourself over if you don’t take advantage of it!
2. J.Crew is spreading the love with 30% off your entire purchase + free shipping on orders over $150. Use code WEEKEND.
3. Have you seen Club Monaco’s New York Fashion Week Collection? It’s swoon-worthy!
4. I’m obsessed with both of these pastel colored shoes so I accidentally ordered both, eeek! One: in “fresh peony” / Two: in “powder blue”
5. 40% off your entire purchase at Banana Republic (including all their new arrivals!).
6. Bauble Bar is offering up to 70% off this weekend as part of their Semi-Annual Stock Up Event.
7. This party collection is too much for me to handle… no joke, I want every single thing.
8. Gigi New York is offering 40% off crossbody purses and satchels so you can snag a new bag for spring.
9. Pop the champagne! Kate Spade is offering an extra 25% off all sale items with code BUBBLY.
10. I’m thinking I might be down to try the faux suede leggings look.
With Love From R&R:
1. I’m in love with everything about the outfit I shared this week – the floral ruffles, the pink clutch, the gold buttons on the skirt, and the most comfortable heels!
2. A massive wedding planning update! I had no idea just how much went into a wedding until I started planning my own!
3. I shared a new Sitting Pretty With interview this week featuring the Art Director at Tory Burch, Abby Ward. She has the most interesting and creative job!
4. A Valentine’s Day letter to my fiancé.
5. I still can’t get enough of these eye-catching tops!
6. Last week’s Weekend Reads: the happiest of baby announcements, an interview with one of my fave Instagram inspirational gals, an New Orleans city guide, where to honeymoon in 2017, the best NYC cocktails and more.
7. Draper James just launched a bridal gifts line and it’s to die for cute! I’m so excited about the sweetest little care package they sent me.
8. Nothing beats rosé with best friends!
A Few of this Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: Valorie Darling
Sounds like you had such a fun weekend in NYC! I’ve been dying to visit the yurts at the Standard! And the Big Little Lies premiere was great, makes me want to visit Monterey.
x Diana // http://www.dianapearl.com
You must do one of the Standard Yurts! We had a blast!! Yes, I watched it last night and liked it… excited for the whole season! xx