What a week! I’ve been traveling through Southeast Asia for over a week now – Vietnam and now Bali – and loving every minute of it! I also raised a birthday toast to Edwin all the way from the other side of the world (we’re celebrating when I get home)! This week of traveling has honestly been so interesting and a true adventure. I’ve never been any place like Vietnam before and each place in Vietnam has been so different than the last. I’m really excited to be exploring Bali now for a week. Stay tuned because I want to write a full post on my travels later on but in the meantime… there have been so many highs to the trip! The biggest high has been spending time with my sister who has been living in Vietnam for a year. It’s been unreal to finally be reunited! Another high has been some of the new experiences I’ve had like the street food tour in Hanoi (woah, this really gave me a new appreciation for eating ‘farm to table’) and the Vespa tour in the countryside of Hội An (I was quite scared of riding a Vespa but overcame my fear! Now, I’m going back to never riding on motorized bikes again!). I can’t really think of a low of the trip except that to say that we’ve had a few hot days would be an understatement. Below are some links I’ve been reading this week on my Vietnam travels + highlights of my favorite shopping items and sales this week.
I also have a special service announcement: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (BIGGEST sale of the year!) has officially started! If you have a Nordstrom card then you can start shopping the sale NOW to get NEW fall items from your favorite DESIGNERS at a DISCOUNT. If you don’t have a Nordstrom card then buckle up and hold your breath until July 22nd when you can start shopping the major discounts. The best items in the sale sell out fast so time to hop to! I’ll have more on the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale next week but in the meantime read my shopping section below for a few of my sale must-haves!
1. The 10 commandments of designing your living room. Really liked this interior post! (theverygirl.com)
2. My girlfriend Krista (get to know her here) just moved but her last NYC apartment was so so cute. She really maximized her space! (coveringthebases.com)
3. Can’t get enough of Mackenzie’s Wedding Wednesday posts. This week’s post on what to wear as a wedding guest was a great read. (mackenziehoran.com)
4. Three questions to ask yourself when you don’t know what to do. (themuse.com)
5. My sister nailed it with her post on 20 things to do in Hanoi (after being there, I concur!) (sunkissedsuitcase.com)
6. Accounting tips for bloggers and small business owners. (lemonstripes.com)
7. This outfit post from Grace makes me want to beeline for NYC. (thestripe.com)
Shopping & Sales: NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE EDITION
1. Every year I snag new pairs of Hanky Pankys during the NSale. It’s one of the only times they are ever available on sale!
2. The Rag & Bone booties you can’t miss this year are right here.
3. Speaking of boots, how gorgeous are these Frye riding boots or these Tory Burch riding boots?
4. But wait, hallelujah these suede booties are under $80, come in 3 colors, and have the perfect chunky heel.
5. A yummy waffle knit sweater. I can picture myself layering with this piece all autumn long.
6. If you got through last winter and had the thought “I never want to see that coat again!” then invest in one of these nice coats or this Patagonia jacket.
7. Rejoice, this Tory Burch bag is almost $200 off!
8. A floppy wool hat is a MUST for fall.
9. Cute cardigan that would be great for work.
10. In love with these distressed jeans. Hurry, they are selling out quickly!
11. Thinking I need a pair of burgundy heels for fall this year.
12. Rebecca Minkoff purses on sale! If you don’t already realize, this is the time to scoop one of her bags up.
With Love From R&R:
1. I shared a new outfit this week featuring a flowy, flirty, floral maxi dress with pink accessories!
2. I was home for 24 hours before jetting to Vietnam! I was so excited to snuggle up for a minute with new cashmere blanket from new-to-me company Lands Downunder.
3. I wrote a Wedding Wednesday post all about how to pick a wedding planner (P.S. it’s such a fun process!).
4. A special shoutout to Packed Party for making me feel so special for getting engaged!!
5. I was so excited to be featured on Gray Malin’s blog this week! I had a blast sharing what’s inside my summer beach bag (you need his towel that I’ve been rocking!). I also posted the story on R&R here.
6. Good morning Vietnam… Sarah, Allison, and I have been having a grand ole time in Hanoi and Hoi An!
7. Last week’s highlights: wedding movies, trips for families, beauty products bloggers swear by, Hamptons decor, & more.
8. Scenes from around Vietnam: lotus flowers, fresh pineapples, colorful boats, and tile floors.
9. Happy birthday Edwin!!
10. Thank you to The Everygirl for featuring my photo this week!
11. The joys of vacation: poolside cocktails and the most gorgeous spa.
12. Aspen, I miss you already!
A Few Of This Week’s Favorites:
Have so much fun on your travels!
Thank you so much Courtney!! Having a blast so far!! XO, Jillian