I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: I could live in New York City. It’s been such a busy, fun few days in the city. I’d be panicking about leaving if I wasn’t heading out to my aunt and uncle’s house in the Hamptons. I’m so lucky to get to spend time out here every summer with family and friends. Of course, last summer was the best when I lived in the city and scooted out on the train every weekend to Montauk but one weekend will have to do this summer! As always, I won’t be posting on here over the weekend but I will be posting on Instagram (@jillianattaway) and snapchat (@jilliana5590). I’ll be sure to share all the Hamptons highlights! Also, have I mentioned that I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to the Hamptons and one dedicated to New York City!? Sneak a peak.
1. The definitive Sex and the City guide to NYC. (vogue.com)
2. Harbour Island is so majorly on my travel bucket list! My friend Annie wrote up the best guide to the tropical destination. (anniereeves.com)
3. A Hamptons guide from one of my fave bloggers/Instagrammers, Amy. (amy-stone.com)
4. Spicy mango margarita poptails… if that cocktail name doesn’t make you click through to that link, then you might need to add a little spice in your life! (laurenconrad.com)
5. Edie Parker’s Connecticut home is so gorgeous! No wonder she makes the best purses. (onekingslane.com)
6. Just bought these.. thanks Lauren for reminding me how much I need these puppies in my closet! (lauren-nelson.com)
7. I shared my first Wedding Wednesday post this week! I’m really loving following along with Mackenzie’s wedding process too! (mackenziehoran.com)
8. How to picnic like an event planner. (camillestyles.com)
9. I adored this look on Krista from the Top of the Rock. (coveringbases.com)
10. Why you should marry someone smarter than you. (positiveperscription.com
11. The most popular songs played at weddings. (fivethirtyeight.com)
12. The story behind Monopoly pieces. (coolmaterial.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Adore, in love, obsessed with this straw tote.
2. In honor of the upcoming Olympics there’s a new “In The Spirit Of” travel book coming out that’s dedicated to Rio. Must add this to my collection.
3. Club Monaco is offering an extra 30% off sale prices. I got so much including these shorts, this dress, and this sweater!
4. Only $40 and so on trend for summer.
5. Flower power… $12.
6. This dress is gorgeous and selling quickly.
7. These ankle strap heels are on sale so they are under $80, yessss.
With Love From R&R:
1. New outfit post: my favorite stripe popover, white jeans, & strappy block heel sandals.
2. All things red, white, & blue! I posted my 4th of July Packing Guide this week! I ordered this ASOS dress to wear on the 4th (I got it in the petite version and sized up).
3. My first Wedding Wednesday post went live this week! I revealed our wedding date and location!!
4. It’s going to be a summer of fun!
5. I sure do hope you read my Sitting Pretty With interview last week with Lauren Nelson. She’s the absolute best!
6. Last week’s highlights: Reese Witherspoon’s Nashville, 72 new emojis, surviving miscarriage, and food rules for a long life.
7. I tasted the most gorgeous floral cakes by Sweet Laurel Bakery last week at the Blushington x Love Detailed event.
8. It’s hard to pick: New York City or Charleston?
A Few of This Week’s Favorites:
Loving following along with your adventures in NYC! Can’t wait to see more from the Hamptons 🙂 Thanks for sharing my guide! xo
Awww thanks Annie!! LOVED your Harbour Island guide!! xx
wow, i’m definitely going to have to add those spicy mango margarita poptails to my list of frozen treats to try! they look incredible. have a great weekend!
They seriously look amazing!! Thanks Caitie! xx
Ahh you’re in New York! Next time you’re back in the city, we’ll have to meet up for coffee or something 🙂 Weather is supposed to be gorgeous this weekend, so enjoy the Hamptons!
Love the new Wedding Wednesday series- exciting to see that you’re going to Charleston for it! Really need to make it down there for a visit one of these days.
Yes, would love that! Having the best time in the Hamps!! I’m so glad you’re enjoying my Wedding Wednesday series so far! I love having you follow along! xx, Jillian