Happy pre-Halloween weekend! I find when Halloween falls during the week that the parties seem to never end because they last over two weekends. This year, Halloween is on a Saturday so I’d guess that Halloween parties would be limited to that weekend but I’ve been proven wrong. I’m partly wrong by my own doing because I’m currently trying to recharge after a party I helped throw last night. We called it a Spooktacular Soirée! To throw the party, we personalized this invitation to get our friends feeling festive. We served chili, cornbread, witchesbrew (aka this sparkling cocktail), and creepy cupcakes. Our dining room table looked like this except we styled it with even more pumpkins and no formal place setting… we kept it casual. It was haunted good time! Are you throwing or going to any Halloween parties this weekend!?
Lots of links, sales, and R&R recaps below!
1. Lauren Graham (aka Lorelai Gilmore) can’t confirm or deny this… Gilmore Girls might return to TV for a reunion series! (ew.com)
2. The best airfare deals for winter 2015. (cntraveler.com)
3. Ever get overwhelmed by which wine to buy (aka which label is the prettiest!)? Here’s a fun way to pick out your next bottle of wine. (cupofjo.com)
4. A behind the scenes look at Gray Malin’s latest photography shoot. (elledecor.com)
5. I smiled when I saw my college featured on Town & Country’s list of the most beautiful college campuses in America. (townandcountrymag.com)
6. Move over Gone Girl! 10 page turning books you have to read. (harpersbazaar.com)
7. Fourteen delicious homemade treats to make this Halloween. (mydomaine.com)
8. Two of my cousins and one of my best friends just got engaged so obviously I’m gifting them all Bling Wipes! (blingwipes.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. Snag this creamy turtleneck sweater for 30% off.
2. The Gap is offering 30% off all outerwear, hats, gloves, & scarves + 40% off the rest of your sale with code WARM!
3. Furbish Studios has TONS of GORGEOUS new arrivals including this limited addition Teil Duncan painting and this chic keychain.
4. Hi pretties, let’s be feet friends!
5. J.Crew is at it again! The Crew is offering 25% off your purchase & an extra 40% off sale styles this weekend with code SALETREAT.
6. Switch out your blue and black jeans for these puppies. Plus, they are 33% off!
7. Blanket sweater heaven!
8. 25% off scarves at Julie Vos with code FALL.
9. What’s your sign? Kate Spade outdid themselves with these bracelets.
With Love From R&R:
1. A handful of motivational links + Halloween inspiration + tips and tricks for clearing up your skin = last week’s Highlights.
2. Fall outfit alert! A quilted vest + a buffalo check plaid flannel.
3. I celebrated Wine Wednesday this week with some wine-colored fashion (wine aka burgundy, bordeaux, or oxblood).
4. Heading to a wedding this fall? Here’s the long and short of it: the dresses you need to wear when attending a fall wedding.
5. Halloween is just around the corner! All of my Halloween inspiration can be found here and here.
Photograph: My Domaine
What a fun and delicious post! Hope you have a great Halloween!
Thanks so much Ally! I hope you do too!
I so want those candy apples
Soooo yummy! XO!
I love the post so much! Have a wonderful weekend:)
Thanks so much Irene!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend too! XO, Jillian