Hey weekend, it’s about time! What a long week. I had stuff everyday this week after work, started my end-of-year report cards, and was just all around on the go. I’m so excited for this weekend because my parents and my brother are coming to town. Tonight, we’re going to dinner at Messhall in Los Feliz and then walking to The Greek Theater to see Jason Isbell in concert. Tomorrow were spending a full day in Malibu. We’re starting the day with a hike and then grabbing a seafood lunch on Pacific Coast Highway at The Reel Inn. We’re then going to walk to Rosenthal for wine tasting and live music. When the sun sets it’s off to more food with a dinner in Venice at Leona. Wish me luck with all the eating and have a wonderful weekend loves! I’ll be keeping up with y’all over the weekend on Instagram so you can follow along with Malibu + highlights from the week are below!
1. Five life lessons from starting a business. These are truthful, honest, & refreshing. (victoriamcginley.com)
2. What every mother wishes her daughter would say about her. Kate, you’re too amazing and too inspiring! (oprah.com)
3. I really enjoyed reading this story titled “11 Women With Their Shit Together” on Man Repeller and Mackenzie’s response to it, “What’s One Thing You Need To Stop Hating Yourself For?” – Mackenzie, I feel ya! (manrepeller.com & mackenziehoran.com)
4. You go Glen Coco, you go! (nymag.com)
5. A list of must go-to places along 30A. (lauren-nelson.com)
6. Tips for part-time bloggers. I really really liked this post! (witwhimsy.com)
7. Twelve chefs on moving to Charleston and why they’ll never look back. (bonappetit.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. How adorable are these tassel flats? Perfect for a brunch of luncheon.
2. Obsessed with popovers. Obsessed.
3. Nike is offering an extra 20% off clearance with code MOTION through 5/17.
4. Gorgeous new baubles to brighten up your summer wardrobe.
5. New-to-me line ONE by Family Affairs made the cutest dress I’ve seen all spring!
6. J.Crew is offering 25% off tops, shorts, sandals, dresses & more this weekend with code SHOPNOW.
7. I’m having a major moment with these black and white wedges.
8. I love this $25 dress for everyday wear.
9. Saks Off 5th is offering up to 80% off with code SAVEBIG… wowza!
10. My obsession with off the shoulder tops charges on.
11. It’s Jack Rogers season!
12. Neiman Marcus is offering an extra 30% off clearance for savings of up to 75% off.
14. A blue dress and a white dress for my blue and white lovers out there (both are pretty decent prices).
With Love From R&R:
1. This week’s outfit post came in hot from Charleston! I’m wearing a flirty, floral romper & a classic denim jacket.
2. New “Sitting Pretty With” interview this week with Charleston blogger Annie Reeves of AnnnieReeves.com. LOVE this girl!
3. I gave y’all a little tour of my cozy bedroom. I WISH I spent more morning sleeping in.
4. I had a blast celebrating my birthday last weekend in Del Mar with a bundle of my best friends!
5. Now’s the time to buy dresses to get you all ready to go for summertime. I rounded up the best dresses available for ya!
6. My boyfriend, Edwin, and I did a progressive dinner this week around Santa Monica! We started out with cocktails at Cassia.
7. Last week’s highlights: a must-listen podcast, best tacos in NYC, a not-so-basic guide to rosé, a creative studio tour, and meal planning.
8. I LIKE it, I love it, I want some more of it!
A Few Of This Week’s Favorites: