After work tonight I’m jumping on a plane to Colorado. It’s homecoming weekend for my college (GO BUFFS!) so there’s nowhere else I’d rather be. My college friends and I have stayed very close even though we live all over the country. This is one of the greatest joys in my life! I also can’t wait for a little fall weather and some fall leaves! Take a glance below at my links from this week because there are lots of fun Halloween links and some really amazing sales going on this weekend (hint: Kate Spade, Anthropolgie, J.Crew, Saks Fifth Avenue & Revolve).
1. Allure Magazine’s Editor-In-Chief talks about dealing with tough bosses, career moves to get ahead, and staying innovative in this lovely interview. (thecoveteur.com)
2. Read this now if you struggle with your skin (as I do). It included super interesting information from Cara Delevigne’s esthetician. She lists ice as a cure… you know you want to find out how it helps! (manrepeller.com)
3. I face this question every week… what do I do if I’m hungry before a workout? Do I eat before or go to the gym on an empty stomach? Fine out here. (elitedaily.com)
4. This dinner party = An enchanting afternoon filled with delicious treats and a gorgeous tables cape. (laurenconrad.com)
5. Well, I know what I’ll be making with my leftover Halloween candy this year… this candy-crazed recipe! (howsweeteats.com)
6. No matter how you feel about Oprah, her success story is unbelievable! Read how she built her empire and how she manages her absolutely insane schedule. (fastcompany.com)
7. The baked apple recipe you need to try this weekend. (glitterguide.com)
8. Creepy cocktails coming right up. (sugarandcloth.com)
9. If you live in LA, check out the upcoming cooking classes from Sweet Laurel Bakery. They have a Thanksgiving one! (sweetlaurel.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. The cutest party dress in the world + it’s only $58!
2. J.Crew is having their Layer Up Sale this weekend by offering 30% off outerwear, sweaters, shirts, and t-shirts with code LAYERUP. I’m snagging a new coat and I’ve got it narrowed down to two options: Cocoon Coat in ‘Sandstone’ or the Lady Day Coat in ‘Retro Pink.’ Thoughts!?
3. Up to 50% off sale at Revolve… pssst, Revolve has great fall pieces already on sale!
4. This textured sweater stole my heart (I like it in the soft pink shade)!
5. NARS’s new Velvet Gloss lip pencils are ahhhhmazing! A lipstick, chapstick (super creamy and yummy!), and lip liner all rolled into one!
6. EXCITING SALE ALERT! Kate Spade’s Friends & Family Sale is going on this weekend! Get 25% off your entire purchase with code INDULGE. How adorable is this dress and these booties?
7. Slip on a pair of navy suede booties as a fun alternative to black suede booties.
8. I collect matchbooks so I’m a real sucker for adorable matches like these.
9. This weekend only! 20% off your purchase at Anthropologie with code FALLFUN.
10. Chic shearling for fall.
11. Saks Fifth Avenue is having their annual Fall Friends & Family Sale this weekend – get 25% off with code THANKYOU!
12. A fall smelling house is the best kind of house. Great fall candle, here.
With Love From R&R:
1. Last week’s highlights were chock-full of fun links!
2. Halloween + autumn inspiration right this way.
3. Fall scarves you need under $100 & under $50 + a J.Crew plaid scarf giveaway! TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY TO ENTER TO WIN!!
4. Pumpkins galore + fall heels = my life this week (outside of work)!
5. Shopbop has tons and tons of fall pieces I’m dying for! Here are my favorites.
6. I rocked a Tory Burch confetti print dress & over the knee boots in a new outfit post this week.
7. I went to the loveliest tea party cooking class last Sunday by Sweet Laurel Bakery!
Photograph: Bippity Boppity Boo