I don’t know about you but every year spring seems to go by faster and faster! This week had a few pits but also a few peaks so I end the week feeling grateful. It’s going to be a very busy rest of the month starting immediately. My boyfriend’s surf documentary, “The Dirty Old Wedge,” is premiering tonight at the Newport Beach Film Festival so it should be a really fun, celebratory night. He’s been working on the film for what seems like a hundred million years so I’m so proud of him for reaching this night! Go Edwin go! Tomorrow morning we’re hitting the road and heading north to Ojai for a wedding. I’ve never been to Ojai but I’ve heard countless amazing things so I’m really looking forward to checking out a new place. Plus, I honestly love weddings so much. On Sunday, I’ll be coming back to LA to celebrate one of my cousins; she’s graduating from high school! All in all, I’ll pretty much be celebrating (3 very different things) all weekend long. Here’s to hoping I get a blog post up on Monday! In the meantime, you can find me here. Happy celebrations + highlights from the week are only a scroll away. Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone!
1. How adorable are both of these looks from Julia? She looks like a San Fransisco local! (lemonstripes.com)
2. Ten things to do when you’re in a rut. I really agree with these ideas! (coralsandcognacs.com)
3. I loved reading about one of my fave Charleston stores, Candy Shop Vintage, and their go-to product, Charleston Rice Beads. I’m loving the summer colors! (anniereeves.com)
4. Seven reasons why job hunting and dating are more alike than you think. (teenvogue.com)
5. The Queen is amazing and she’s 90! Happy birthday Queen Elizabeth! (nytimes.com)
6. Two things I’d digging this week from Honestly Yum: this Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread Pudding (WOAH!) and this New Orleans Food Guide. (honestlyyum.com)
7. The best grab-and-go lunch spots across the US by city. (goop.com)
8. I loved these thoughts on entertaining at home + the brunch is absolutely gorgeous. I want the whole blue and white setup! (withlovefromkat.com)
9. Ten ways to personalize your big day. I adore #’s 1 and 5. (mackenziehoran.com)
10. Lauren Conrad asked 10 of her successful friends for their top career advice. Here’s their two cents. (laurenconrad.com)
11. Breakfast you can make the night before: mini frittatas. (foodiecrush.com)
12. Brooklyn Decker’s Texas home is seriously cool. (mydomaine.com)
13. Three classic spring nail colors. (thechrisellefactor.com)
14. A field guide to antique shops in Ontario. (quaintrelle.ca)
15. How to host an adult slumber party. (camillestyles.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. This is the perfect reason to shop for Mother’s Day: up to 30% off at Tory Burch through Monday night at midnight with code BLOOM.
2. Pineapples are my current obsession. Here’s why!
3. I’m in L-O-V-E with these preppy, nautical dresses.
4. Saks Fifth Avenue is offering 30% off for their Friends & Family sale through Monday night at midnight
5. This colorful woven tote with tassels is a dream! I want it for some tropical travels I have planned this summer.
6. Old Navy is offering 30%-40% off through Saturday, April 30th with code THANKYOU. Take my word, now is the time to snag so many great staples.
7. A wide brim hat with a pom pom trim? I think yes! This hat screams Palm Springs or Mexico to me.
8. Who doesn’t want to be the gal in gingham?
9. J.Crew is offering an extra 40% off sale and 30% off everything else through Friday, April 29th at midnight. You go Glen Coco!
10. Bloomingdales is offering $25 off for every $100 you spend through Monday night at midnight with code SHOP25.
11. Shoe crush!? Neiman Marcus is having an up to 40% off shoe sale through Sunday morning.
With Love From R&R:
1. My first outfit from my two weeks in Charleston went up this week! The highlight: the pom pom tote bag or matching with the colorful Charleston buildings… it’s a toss up!
2. Ay carumba! Thank you to J.Crew for featuring my photograph. It might sound silly but it feels like an honor. #ilovejcrew
3. Welcome to Miami where the bloggers play! In all seriousness, my Miami travel guide/recap of my trip is here.
4. I’m having a pineapple party with this bright and cheery outfit from yesterday.
5. Rosé taste better with my bestie in gingham and stripes (and at A.O.C.)!
6. I got a strawberry lemonade manicure at my favorite spot in LA, Olive & June. It’s delicious!
7. Last week’s highlights: Reese Witherspoon rocks, the most beautiful places to visit in France, quintessential summer novels, strawberry camomile palomas, and more.
8. Ever wonder what type of person has a Pinterest board dedicated exclusively to Cinco de Mayo? It’s me (I’m a Cinco de Mayo baby)!
9. Tweet, tweet. I’m chirping away on Twitter.
A Few of This Week’s Favorites:
Photograph: Lauren Conrad
SO many good links. I’m excited to read the Lauren Conrad article!!! Thank you so much sharing the rice beads – I’m so happy you love the new colors!! <3
Thank you Annie!! I’m LOVING the new colors! Such fun!! Happy weekend! XO, Jillian