Well loves, my summer in New York City is officially over. I LOVED my time living in the West Village! In my opinion, it is the best neighborhood in NYC. I land back in Los Angeles today and I have the weekend until I start back at work on Monday. I’m going to enjoy two days of sun, sand, and surf in order to get my head in work mode.
Back in Los Angeles + Highlights
Flying away from New York, I think back to when I arrived in the bustling city. I also feel relieved that I get to go back in September! I feel at home on the East Coast (the whole coast, I’m not kidding!) but I also feel ready to get home and get back into my routines in Los Angeles. In New York, I was very much on summer mode and I traveled constantly. While the traveling isn’t about to stop for me anytime soon, the summer mode lifestyle is about to come to a screeching halt. My friends keep asking me, “Do you wish you were staying in New York?” I think, yes, I could live in New York for a year or two but if I was staying longer I’d want to go back to work there and start routines there.
New York is honestly the most exciting place to live in this country and I think anyone who has a sliver of an urge to live in New York should do it! Someone told me recently that there are two times in your life to live in New York: when you’re in your twenties and when you’ve made so much money that having a driver around the city isn’t even a question. So, for most of us, the only real option out of those two is to live in NYC in your twenties.
Let me tell you, even though I only had the opportunity to live there for a few months, I’m SO glad I did!
I got to experience a city unlike any other in this country – riding the subway, always trying a new restaurant, always having something cultural to do with museums, plays, live music etc – and it was incredible. I also got to spend amazing time with my East Coast friends and family I don’t see as often, which was truly a treat! Lastly, I’m especially grateful that I got to spend the summer with my sister before she moves to Vietnam! Overall, thank you for a great summer New York! Now, I’m ready for you Los Angeles!
1. Twenty-two life changing smartphone apps that will save you oodles of time… some you know, other I bet you don’t! (stylemepretty.com/living)
2. Inside the über chic world of Marysia Swimwear. (savvyhomeblog.com)
3. Ten essential antioxidants for glowing skin. I love reminders like this article! (hellonatural.co)
4. How to be your own boss according to 6 top female founders. (mydomaine.com)
6. The 2015 international best-dressed list by Vanity Fair. (vanityfair.com)
7. Seven steps to organize your finances. (lemonstripes.com)
8. Did you know August is National Peach Month? Here are some peach recipes to help you celebrate. (thesouthernc.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. This pink romper is 50% off & just what I need for the end of summer! (shopbop.com)
2. Club Monaco is having their Summer Dress Event (online only) and offering tons of dress for $99 or less (we’re talking about dresses that regularly cost $300 so this is a big deal!). (clubmonaco.com)
3. This tank is both ladylike and sexy. (revolveclothing.com)
4. This leopard scarf will be so cute for fall! I love print mixing leopard with stripes too. P.S. it’s only $29! (nordstrom.com)
5. I’m loving this curated sale on One Kings Lane – it’s also chic and inspiring work space. (onekingslane.com)
6. This classic distressed pair of jeans is majorly on my wishlist right now. (nordstrom.com)
7. The perfect flannel to get you ready for fall. Oh and it’s only $19, hooray! (forever21.com)
9. Gap is celebrating their birthday and offering 40% off + free shipping for today only with code BDAY! If you haven’t shopped at Gap in awhile I would honestly suggest you give it a look… I buy so many of my basics from Gap because the prices are unbeatable!
With love from R&R:
1. Did you see last week’s highlights? I loved the cocktail recipe and the personality test I included.
2. Yay for fall fashion! Fifteen things I’m coveting right now at Rebecca Taylor.
3. A look at the most gorgeous Hamptons house + perfumes to match the Hamptons lifestyle.
4. Summer stripes + a Panama hat = my summer wardrobe.
5. Have you entered my jewelry GIVEAWAY with Sea Elise Jewelry? Enter here!