What can I say? I’m so sorry for the almost complete lack of posting this week! I was out of town all last weekend and on Monday, I’ve been fighting a cold, and my birthday was yesterday so I sadly just couldn’t get everything done. Next week I will be back with bells on and I have a really fun outfit to share!
My 26th Birthday
I turned 26 yesterday and celebrated with Cinco de Mayo festivities at Blue Plate Taco and The Bungalow. Guacamole, lobster tacos, and spicy margaritas were loved by all! I truly love being a Cinco de Mayo baby because my birthday is always SO fun. I have a built-in theme every year and I’m lucky because everyone always wants to celebrate on Cinco de Mayo. My boyfriend, Edwin, is the type of person who would skip his birthday and the attention every year but I’m the type of person who could celebrate my birthday every day for a month straight and love it… opposites attract!
Today, I’m heading to Del Mar for a weekend of birthday celebrations with friends and cousins. It feels a little crazy, weird, and unnerving to be turning 26, aka closer to 30 than 20. However, I’m really happy with life and feel beyond fortunate for family and friends. Birthdays are wonderful reminders of that! As we get older, we may dread our birthdays but the truth is that every birthday is a gift. I hope everyone has a wild (but safe) Cinco de Mayo weekend and a lovely Mother’s Day!!
1. The Monocycle Podcast by The founder of The Man Repeller, Leandra Medine. Listen to it. She talks fashion, family (she’s starting infertility treatments), business, and our everyday emotions. (soundcloud.com)
2. Healthy meal planning with 5 ingredients or less. (aimeemars.com)
3. Lots of Cinco de Mayo inspiration this week from Annie and Deborah. (anniereeves.com and cleverlittlemadam.com)
4. More Cinco celebrations! A Cinco de Mayo backyard party and 28 ways to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at your wedding. (inspiredbythis.com)
5. A few tips to remember to get over your fears. (designsponge.com)
6. How to keep your houseplants green and gorgeous. (camillestyles.com)
7. One gal’s goals for loosing baby weight. (sequinandstripes.com)
8. A Sugar Paper (aka the store I spend all my money at) Studio Tour. (inspiredbythis.com)
9. The not-so-basic guide to rosé… summer is knocking on the door! (thecoveteur.com)
10. Eight TED Talks you need to watch. (mydomaine.com)
11. The girl with the ultimate eye, Amy Stone, just redid her blog. Obsessed. (amy-stone.com)
12. The best tacos in NYC. (themanrepeller.com)
Shopping & Sales:
1. My favorite skirt I’ve seen in ages! Three cheers for palm prints!
2. Reach new heights in these gorgeous wedges.
3. The perfect summer party dress.
4. Today only J.Crew is offering 25% off tees, shorts, swim and more + an extra 30% off sale styles.
5. Moon & Lola is having a sample sale on their monogram jewelry pieces… if it ain’t moving, monogram it!
6. I love a great wicker basket purse.
7. $75 of absolute dress cuteness.
8. I like ’em, I love ’em, I want a pair of ’em.
With Love From R&R:
1. Tons of spring dresses under $200! Wedding guest dresses, white dresses, sherbert dresses, stripe dresses, chambray dresses, and more.
2. Last week’s highlights: 15 margarita recipes, gingham fashion, a New Orleans home, my new favorite Instagram account, and more!
3. Cinco de Mayo inspiration galore!
4. Swinging around with bare shoulders.
5. Make sure you like R&R on Facebook for updates, posts, and shopping must-haves.
6. I celebrated National Teacher Appreciation Day (go teachers!) with a dinner out at Gjelina!
7. Getting the birthday celebrations rolling…
8. I had a hole in one weekend last weekend at Stagecoach and my girlfriend’s wedding!
A Few Of This Week’s Favorites:
Photographs: Image one: Inspired By This, Image two: Lauren Conrad, Image three: Camille Styles. Also, all found on my Cinco de Mayo Pinterest board.
Happy happy birthday! Sounds like you had an amazing time with friends last night and will continue to have fun throughout the weekend. You go girl!
Thank you so much Sarah!!! It’s already been a fun few days!! XO, Jillian
Ahhhh happy, happy day my friend! I’m drooling over lobster tacos and spicy margs. Hope you have the best weekend! xo
Thank you soooo much Annie!! You’d be all over the lobster tacos and the spicy margs!! I enjoyed them too much 😉 XO, Jillian
Happy happy birthday! I hope it was the best one yet 🙂 I’m with you on embracing age…I truly feel like each year gets better than the last!
Thanks so much Jess! Yes, cheers to getting older! XO, Jillian
Happy Birthday and thanks for the link share in your post!!
Thanks so much Aimee! XO, Jillian
Happy Birthday, I am definitely on board with celebrating birthdays for month instead of a day haha!! Your cake is the cutest thing! And I am loving that baby blue Piper crepe dress in your favorites this week.
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!! Three cheers for month long birthdays! Isn’t the dress adorable!? XO, Jillian